• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Amazon deal on Chef Choice 615a meat slicer

jbellard

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 6, 2016
The chef choice 615a is supposed to arrive this coming Monday. Can’t wait.

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 26, 2012
My slicer came from MidwayUSA.

Last edited:

solman

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 13, 2015
i used my new 615a slicer to slice up a pork loin to make pork jerky. i used the oem serrated blade, and it did a great job doing 1/4" slices. i plan to do paper thin slices for some asian dishes, like shabu shabu or hot pot, so we'll see if the serrated blade can do that. but for 1/4" slices i don't see the need for a straight blade.

cpanderson

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 10, 2019
Just to bump this thread, I saw this thread today as I was looking for a slice and clicked on the woot link provided in the original post and it is still available for $89.99. I just ordered one.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
I got it off Woot awhile back and for the money its unbeatable.

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 26, 2012
I have a different Chef's Choice model and the quality is top notch.

cpanderson

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 10, 2019
Does anybody have any experience or knowledge of how it will perform slicing thin slices of prosciutto or bresaola? I read a thread here somewhere that the person built and installed a sort of shim to get extra thin slices.

5GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 12, 2018
I have this slicer. I have found that freezing what you are going to slice for a few hours will let you get ultra thin without modifications. My favorite use is slicing smoked bottom round for Roast Beef sammies. I can slice just as thin as the deli, and pay a LOT less for my roast beef. The only downside is that it won't take large chunks of meat because of the smaller blade diameter. I also found the smooth blade cut better than the serrated.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
I added an aluminum plate to lengthen, widen and reduce the gap next to the blade... It improved the slices where they are a lot thinner but not as thin as the expensive, professional slicers... Pastrami sliced pretty thin... better than before...

2019-3-26 pastrami 002.JPG

2019-3-26 pastrami 004.JPG

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.