Amazon deal on Chef Choice 615a meat slicer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbellard

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 6, 2016
North Louisiana
E73C69F8-F2C5-42BE-AE9C-E9067570651A.png
i know that some folks might be interested in this. I just got an email saying that the Chef Choice 615a meat slicer is on sale for only $89.99 until tomorrow only or until they run out.

I just ordered mine!!! $98.89 with tax

Reactions: solman
i've been wanting a slicer for the longest time, but can't seem to click "buy" whenever i have one in my online shopping cart. i'd use it mainly to slice meats to make jerky, and that's maybe once every couple months, which is hard for me to justify getting one. what else do you guys use them for?

I’ve been looking and was actually going to get the older 615 model as it was only $129 vs $175 but I jumped all over the new 615a for only $89.99.

I will use my slicer for cutting meat for jerky and for cutting bacon. You can also cut veggies, fruit, etc.
I will use it to cut meat.

you guys are a bad influence on me. finally bought my first slicer. i went through couponcabin.com and saved an extra $5 through their cash back offer.

They also come in handy if slicing up a bunch of cabbage to make kraut. The more uses the more reason to buy one

And I was thinking the other day I need to eat more homemade cole slaw. Homemade shabu shabu and hot pots may be in my future too. This may be a good purchase after all.

Thanks!! I have been wanting a slicer since I made the first batch of bacon. Just ordered mine. Should be here in plenty of time before my batches of buckboard and pastrami are ready to smoke and slice.

Question - I noticed it comes with a serrated blade, is that ok to cut bacon and pastrami? If not I will end up ordering the smooth blade too.

That it is. And thanks for the head-up! But I am leaning toward the 665 slicer. I need a larger blade. Also looking at a LEM 1240.

From Chefs Choice

"
What is the difference between a fine edge and serrated slicer blade? Do I need both?

The obvious difference is that a fine edge slicer blade has a smooth edge while a serrated slicer blade resembles a table saw. Both types of blades are multi-purpose, however, for models that come equipped with a serrated blade, Chef’sChoice offers an optional straight edge blade for ultra-thin slicing of specialty meats such as prosciutto. We also offer an optional serrated blade for our larger, professional slicers, on which the standard blade is fine edge. Serrated blades tend to perform better when cutting into hard crusted breads or fibrous foods. If your slicer is used for normal household purposes, the blade that comes with it be the optional choice."

I'm trying REALLY hard not to order one..

jcam, to cleanly slice meat, you definitely need the smooth blade. The serrated blade is good for bread and things like that.
It seems odd to me that the default blade shipped with the unit is the serrated. I’d have thought most people would be using for meats and cheeses sliced reasonably thin. Guess I better get that smooth blade ordered lol.

If you read the reviews on Amazon, a lot of people who say they bought the straight blade say that the serrated works for them well enough that they wouldn't have bought the straight blade. I plan to use the serrated and see how it goes first before buying the straight blade.

Tonight I ordered the Chef's Choice 665 from MidwayUSA. End of season clearance. Snared the last one for $176.97 with free shipping. Not quite the deal that woot had the 615A for but still better than the $229. others are selling it for.

I had it in the cart for a week before I decided what the heck! Just get it done. Should be here around the 17th. I nearly ordered this Waring. Looks like a capable unit from the videos on youtube. But it was larger than I need or wanted.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky