Amazing Gift Package From An amazing Forum Member (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
I've been here right at 10 years now. Somehow along the way by, some inexplicable miracle, I've managed to make some really good friends here. I have an ongoing, unofficial, and informal gift exchange going with quite a few people. Nothing is ever discussed in advance or specific agreements made. It just happens. I see something or read about something a person may need or I think they might like, I get it and ship it off to them. It may be 4, 6, or 8 months later, that person will see something they think I'd like and it just shows up on my doorstep. Ya just never know when Christmas is gonna happen and it's a ton of fun. Well, it's no secret that I've sent our good friend SmokinAl SmokinAl a few goodies for he and Judy to enjoy. Turns out that they came upon an idea to send me something and my Christmas was yesterday. They sent a truly amazing array of fresh baked goodies that they put together and it totally blew mew away when I got everything unpacked. The aroma filled the kitchen to the point I swear it was like standing in the bakery while the stuff was coming out of the ovens. The salivary glands went into overdrive and I knew I had to do something....and do it right now!!

The goodies unpacked and sorted out.
001.jpg

Here is the letter that was included so I'd know and understand what everything was. Ya gotta read it to know what all this incredible stuff is :emoji_wink:
002.jpg

Those bagels were literally screaming at me so decided to have a love affair with one of them. Made a bacon, egg, and double cheese bagel sandwich. The bacon was oak smoked and the last of that batch. Need to get more of that going BTW. No dialog here. Y'all can figure it out :emoji_laughing:
003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

What a fantastic breakfast. You ain't gonna get that at Einstein Brothers, I can promise you that :emoji_laughing: The thoughtfulness, consideration, and generosity of the people in this forum is beyond belief. It has been truly an honor to be part of the SMF family and this package means more than most folks could ever imagine. See....I've tried and tried my hand at baking and it just ain't happening. Some folks have it, I don't. The only thing I've ever managed to make in all my attempts at baking is a huge mess. For somebody to have skills like this and share them with me is incomprehensible....and appreciated more than I can ever express. Thanks to all my fiends here but especially to Al and even more so to Judy who put all the effort into this. What an unbelievable gesture!!

I'm done. Gotta go slice some bread and get dinner going. Making gyros on homemade pita bread :emoji_wink: Thanks for hanging in there if you made it all the way to the end.

Robert

You deserve it and a wonderful, thoughtful, gift from Judy and Al. Oh and that egg bagel sandwich looks straight out of New Yawk!

The thoughtfulness, consideration, and generosity of the people in this forum is beyond belief. It has been truly an honor to be part of the SMF family and this package means more than most folks could ever imagine.
Robert, you and Tracy are such good, thoughtful, and caring people and I know all too well about your generosity. Y'all are more than deserving of others' generosity and SMF is a better place for having you...
I've tried and tried my hand at baking and it just ain't happening. Some folks have it, I don't.
Both of my grandmothers were exceptional bakers, but that gene did not get passed down to me...:emoji_wink:

Reactions: jcam222
You sure made an incredible sandwich with that bagel. Of course I knew you would!! Now what did you do with the pita? Also, Judy was pretty exited to see her bread here on the forum, thanks for posting it!
Al

You deserve it and a wonderful, thoughtful, gift from Judy and Al. Oh and that egg bagel sandwich looks straight out of New Yawk!
Not sure about being deserving, just trying to help maintain the culture of the forum. That bagel was fantastic!! Never had one in New Yawk but if they serve them like that, it's worth the trip.

Robert

Well deserved for you, super thoughtful of Mrs and Mr SmokinAl SmokinAl Perfect example of a great community here.
Thanks Jeff and without a doubt Al and Judy do a lot to maintain the integrity and culture of the forum. The personification of what SMF is all about.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky