Altitude & SD Starters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Up at Ft Knox visiting our daughter. Brought my starters and bread making stuff. Took a couple days for my starters to get going. Altitude perhaps?

When we got here. Tues
IMG_5659.JPG

After a couple feeding and this morning.
IMG_5665.JPG

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks like going good now. Family will happy to eat fresh bread. Still thinking of moving? Be nice to get out of that heat and be around family.

Up at Ft Knox visiting our daughter.
Man ,, I was starting to worry . Figured maybe the resort found out you were moving and had you tied up by the bread oven .

I don't know starters , but humidity plays into my normal bread making for sure .

Reactions: JLeonard
Yeah we are going to take her up on her offer to move in. We got the whole basement and full use of 1.66 acre to do what we want. Called a licensed DOT RV hauler in Naples, $2500 from Naples to here. OUCH.

All daughters furniture was moved by the Army and is still in holding in Louisville until the 10th.

Wont be here perm until mid Sept.

Here is the kitchen, much bigger than the 5th wheel.....lol
IMG_5666.JPG

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Yeah we are going to take her up on her offer to move in. We got the whole basement and full use of 1.66 acre to do what we want. Called a licensed DOT RV hauler in Naples, $2500 from Naples to here. OUCH.

All daughters furniture was moved by the Army and is still in holding in Louisville until the 10th.

Wont be here perm until mid Sept.

Here is the kitchen, much bigger than the 5th wheel.....lol
View attachment 506051
What I wouldn't give for a kitchen like that. Mine is 8' x 8'.

Nice looks like a good new place to be!

RE: SD started and altitude. I'm at 5000 ft and about all that affects my starters liveliness is the temperature. In the winter the house is never over 68 and its SLOW. Summer its 72-76 and its much much more lively.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky