Alternative to A-MAZE-N Pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Todd Johnson... The guy who developed and sells the AMAZN products... With the members testing his products... He's on the board here...

If you go to post #55, and click on link #2 and #3 I put in the post, you should get there..... OR....

If you go to post #55, and click on link #2 and #3 I put in the post, you should get there..... OR....

Nope I get a 403 when I try to go to his site. or forbidden. May be my virus protection. also when I search this site for Todd Johnson I get no result. Thanks for the effort. If you are in contact ask him to email me. [email protected]

Click the link in post #63.... tjohnson is his moniker...

You should be able to contact him by using the 'envelope' upper right corner of most pages...
Below is a copy of how this works....

2020-07-23.png

sWho is todd. If we are talking amazn pellets. How do I order them. I am not able to access their website. I ordered the 5x8 maze on amazon and ran an a test today as it came loaded with pellets. It took 3 tries o get it burning properly, I ran it for 5 hours and it burned 1 row. I have it in a exterior burn chamber piped into my DIY Smoker.
Don't be afraid to try a variety of different pellets.

Many good brands are available.

So now that amazen takes me to pit boss and there are no pellets available on Amazon, what do you guys use? I tried lumberjack and was very disappointed compared to the amazen pellets. I didn't care about the price because they gave a good smoke and were high quality. Not sure what to use now.

So now that amazen takes me to pit boss and there are no pellets available on Amazon, what do you guys use? I tried lumberjack and was very disappointed compared to the amazen pellets. I didn't care about the price because they gave a good smoke and were high quality. Not sure what to use now.
First off. Tell us exactly which LJ pellets you used. Some are a blend and some are 100% flavor wood. That may clear things up.

Another possibility is Cookin' Pellets. Some (or all) of them are 100% flavor wood.

BBQer's Delight sells 100% flavor wood pellets in small bags for tubes and labyrinth trays. Their big bags are blends.

Butcher & Packer sells 100% flavor wood pellets in 40lb bags.

The only ones I've used are the LJ 100% Hickory and I use them as cooker fuel - not in tubes so far.

I used the 3# Maple-Hickory-Cherry because I liked the amazen mix. I just had so much trouble getting them lit and getting a good smoke. I do have a fruitwood i could try. I used to be able to lite the pellets for a min and it would be good but even after 5 min of burning the pellets they didn't smoke well

You could buy a pound of each of the BBQr's flavors and mix your own. Todd may well have been buying them and mixing them himself as I doubt he had the ability to make his own pellets.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky