Aloha from Maui!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bendog15

Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Hey everybody Im brand new to this site and also to the world of smoking! 

My name is Ben Im 37, I live on the beautiful island of Maui. Just recently got a Leur Jensen Little Chief Smoker. After much research on this site (and boy are the people friendly AND helpful on here!) I can see that its pretty much good for smoking fish, cheese and making jerky.

Gonna try my hand at making some jerky. Just need a good recipe!! Let me know if you got one, also how long I should smoke it for... Thanks!  

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Aloha Ben, and welcome to the family!  I'm envious of where you live...my wife and I dream of retiring to your fair state, but doubt we'll ever be able to afford it.  Anyway you've found a great place to learn and share ideas on all things smoked, grilled, cured, etc.  For some tips and recipes on making jerky, check out the jerky forum:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/131/making-jerky

Good luck and Happy smoking!

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky