Almost wish I had a stick burner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The wind blew down four dead ash trees here last month. One hit the house - new roof and other damage comes to $10k+. After deductibles and depreciation I'm on the hook for a little more than half of the cost. No new toys at the Braz estate for a while.

Braz sorry to hear that I am going for 6 g to remove that problem

That's a great looking place, Richie. Congratulations. How big is the yard?? Lots of room between you and your neighbors?? Have you move in yet??
Taking down those trees near the house is a GOOD idea. I took my chainsaw out 6 months ago and dropped 3 huge poplars that were in bad shape and too close to the house. Good thing too. Last month we had a brutal wind storm that would have left one or two of them ON the house.
Gary

That's a great looking place, Richie. Congratulations. How big is the yard?? Lots of room between you and your neighbors?? Have you move in yet??
Taking down those trees near the house is a GOOD idea. I took my chainsaw out 6 months ago and dropped 3 huge poplars that were in bad shape and too close to the house. Good thing too. Last month we had a brutal wind storm that would have left one or two of them ON the house.
Gary

Gary Thanks the property is just shy of half acre,I am having most of them cut down.I even went to my neighbor to let him know some of his tree over hangs will be pruned.Thing that was nice my neighbor across the street came over,and told me he was having his done,so he hooked me up with his friend.
Movers are coming here tomorrow morning and delivering to Ma. on Wed.
Richie

The wind blew down four dead ash trees here last month. One hit the house - new roof and other damage comes to $10k+. After deductibles and depreciation I'm on the hook for a little more than half of the cost. No new toys at the Braz estate for a while.
Man that sucks, I always assumed that something like that or hail, you can parlay that into a new roof all under insurance. I'm a new home owner so I have a lot of unlearned things when it comes to that.

Still busy moving little things in,putting up shades making it look like home.Here is the front without the big trees.
100_8054.JPG
some trees removed from side off garage.
100_8055.JPG

RICHIE

Reactions: xray
Nice place you have there Richie!

When I moved into my house, I had 3 trees in the front yard that the power lines ran through. I called my power company (PP&L) about them and they cut them down for free.

Looking good there Richie. I guess it doesn't get as hot there so your not going to need that shade. Although safety first.
Glad to see move is going smooth.

Warren

Nice place you have there Richie!

When I moved into my house, I had 3 trees in the front yard that the power lines ran through. I called my power company (PP&L) about them and they cut them down for free.
I called the utility co. they sent a guy when I wasn't home,he left a small ribbon to tie around the cracked limb.I'll leave it at that
Richie

Looking good there Richie. I guess it doesn't get as hot there so your not going to need that shade. Although safety first.
Glad to see move is going smooth.

Warren

Warren thanks we haven't found anything broken.The yard is going to be a project.
Richie

I called the utility co. they sent a guy when I wasn't home,he left a small ribbon to tie around the cracked limb.I'll leave it at that
Richie

Yikes. When I called I acted like Tim Taylor from Home Improvement and said I was going to do it myself.

“I have these three trees in the yard tangled up in the power lines, I’m gonna cut them down with my new 36” Stihl chain saw, aurgh aurgh aurgh!”

Then they stopped me and said “No, no, we’ll send someone out to look at them.” A guy showed up about a week later and dropped them without having to lower the power line. I just had to cut the rest up and haul it away.

Where are the Smokers Going, My Brother??
Looks Great!
Like Xray said, around here if the trees are too close to the wires, PP&L will trim them or cut them down, cut & stack the limbs, and turn the rest into mulch. All you have to do is move the pile where you want it. They stack it right where it fell.

Bear

I've got 7 huge oak trees in my front yard that I've been wanting to cut down. If I do it now, should be seasoned enough by this fall/winter.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky