Allnighter Brisket Smoke-tribute to my friends Gary S. and Chef JimmyJ...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
This started out as me finding a brisket in one of the freezers when I pulled all the deer and wild hog meat out for our big processing day. I needed beef to grind and figured I would just use it, then I got a call from my Uncle and he had found a sale on beef bottom round. Long story short- ended up not needing to grind the brisket. I told the guys at the firehouse I would smoke it for their next shift which is tomorrow. Figured I would do it as a tribute to two great members on SMF that will be remembered here for a long time as they left a legacy of information and helpful advice. So Gary and Jimmy....this one's for you guys. A Texas Brisket with Chef JimmyJ's smokey Au Jus. This will be an allnight cook so more pics. to come.

14.6# brisket trimmed to 13.5#, Dalmatian rub ready for the smokehouse.
IMG_20220220_201926.jpg

IMG_20220220_203229.jpg

I put the Brisket on at 10pm. and it is currently INT 88*F. Using Live oak wood chunks, Temp. running 241*F right now...

Looks like a good start

12.5 hours in....INT is at 172*F....added wood chunks and let it eat.....Gonna take a little longer than I expected, but that is why I put it on at 10pm last night.....

Another great gesture on your part for the guys at the firehouse. I can only imagine how much they appreciate what you do for them!!

Robert

Reactions: indaswamp
Another great gesture on your part for the guys at the firehouse. I can only imagine how much they appreciate what you do for them!!

Robert

They had a pretty crappy week last week for reasons I won't go into....this is a moral booster for them for sure. They were smiling again when I arrived at the firehouse with the brisket.

They had a pretty crappy week last week for reasons I won't go into....this is a moral booster for them for sure. They were smiling again when I arrived at the firehouse with the brisket.

Mission accomplished. Ya dun good!! It's always nice to be able to bring a smile to somebody's face and not much better a way to do it than with good food.

Robert

Nice tribute Inda S

Looking good
I'm in for the finish...
Lookin' real good!
Looking good!
Man that’s looking real good
Great looking brisket to honor couple of great guys!
Looking good. Can hardly wait to see finished pics.
Looking awesome just did one too

Warren
Thanks Guys! Just woke from a much needed nap, about to head to the firehouse for dinner with the guys.

Very nice and such a great thing to do for those who do so much for us. Every time they go out, they just never know what they'll be up against, but that doesn't stop them. It's just great to be able to give to those who give so much of themselves...

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky