All Purpose Rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Alphonse

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 1, 2019
Gulf Coast Alabama
I want to mix a batch of all purpose seasoning of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. I want to keep some on hand for steaks and chops plus other meat that will get this along with a couple of other rubs I use that do not contain salt. I prefer to salt meat separately so I know how much I am putting on.

So for an All Purpose Rub, what volumes would you use? I am assuming equal parts salt and pepper but not sure about the garlic.

Reactions: kruizer
For a good all purpose SPOG I like a ratio of 2/2/1/1 coarse salt, coarse pepper, granulated onion and granulated garlic.

Reactions: Alphonse
I also do equal, if you don't like a certain ingredient or not as much cut back on it, make a very small batch to start with so you can test it before making a bigger batch, I use brownulated brown sugar when making a big batch of rub because it wont clump up. same taste without having to beat the bottle.

Reactions: Alphonse
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky