all pork hot dog or snack sticks?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gdp

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 18, 2019
Arvada, CO
Does anyone make hot dogs or snack sticks from 100% pork butt? Does it take a different recipe than all beef? I'm new at this and made both items recently from all chuck roast that was great. Now I have a pork butt and wanting to do something that involves using some of the yards of 22-24mm casing and my WSM! Thanks for any advice.

Try it. I use just pork for most of my sausages/hot dogs. For snack sticks I use 100% 80/20 beef.

Does anyone make hot dogs or snack sticks from 100% pork butt? Does it take a different recipe than all beef? I'm new at this and made both items recently from all chuck roast that was great. Now I have a pork butt and wanting to do something that involves using some of the yards of 22-24mm casing and my WSM! Thanks for any advice.
That size would be small for me as a hotdog , but I do use all pork for hotdogs .
A good all pork stick is Kabanosy.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/search/17300204/?q=Kabanosy&o=relevance&c[node]=130

Reactions: DanMcG
It's too small for me too but it was my first try and seemed like the right size.
I've been there . My first hotdogs were 22 mm collagen . Taste was good . What ever you make , post it up .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky