• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

all pork hot dog or snack sticks?

gdp

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 18, 2019
Does anyone make hot dogs or snack sticks from 100% pork butt? Does it take a different recipe than all beef? I'm new at this and made both items recently from all chuck roast that was great. Now I have a pork butt and wanting to do something that involves using some of the yards of 22-24mm casing and my WSM! Thanks for any advice.

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Try it. I use just pork for most of my sausages/hot dogs. For snack sticks I use 100% 80/20 beef.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Does anyone make hot dogs or snack sticks from 100% pork butt? Does it take a different recipe than all beef? I'm new at this and made both items recently from all chuck roast that was great. Now I have a pork butt and wanting to do something that involves using some of the yards of 22-24mm casing and my WSM! Thanks for any advice.
That size would be small for me as a hotdog , but I do use all pork for hotdogs .
A good all pork stick is Kabanosy.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/search/17300204/?q=Kabanosy&o=relevance&c[node]=130

gdp

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 18, 2019

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
It's too small for me too but it was my first try and seemed like the right size.
I've been there . My first hotdogs were 22 mm collagen . Taste was good . What ever you make , post it up .

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.