All dresssed up and no place to go

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

skeeter

Smoke Blower
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 19, 2007
Avon MN.
A batch of rub made up, a batch of sauce ready, country style ribs in the fridge, and no place to put the smoker cause it's going to rain all day. Oh well there is always next weekend, I'm anxious to try Jeff's recipes. To those of you with good weather this weekend, FIRE THAT SUCKER UP and smoke till ya drop.

Skeeter

Now that is the kind of luck I have lol, It's raining here too. I use Jeffs rub and sauce also and like them very well. Heck man open the garage doors and set the smoker in there and fire it up.

Skeeter, before we built a wind break with a roof, we used to take our big patio umbrella and stand ,and set it up close enough to the smoker so that it covered it........maybe an idea if you have them.

I built a wind break out of plywood that folds up, and if it's going to rain on weekends you can bet I'll figure out a roof

I know it has saved us from many a smokeless weekends.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

the rain this weekend keeps me from smoking...

i live in an apartment--
so i cant build a windbreak or have room to store umbrella

it looks like tuesday i will be at it

I am like the MailMan. I smoke in the wind, rain, hail, snow or sleet. The weather has nothing to do with whether I am hungry!! I smoke any day.
Get out there and crank it UP!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!!!

I woke up to rain myself this morning.

I have a pork loin and 2 slabs of ribs in the fridge now. I have been looking for a brisket or tri-tip as well since I have been craving beef, but so far not having much luck finding one that looks halfway decent. I guess I will break down and drive across town to Sam's; they always have full-packers. I should probably pick up a couple of their big bags of Kingsford anyways. Then I will have to hit Brookshires for the Lump. They have a brand called "Picnic", which is sort of a generic brand, that was rated extremely high and is a great bargain for the money; the small bags actually work out cheaper per lb than the big bags and are the perfect size to dump into a chimney. Going to hit Albertsons after to check on Tri-tips as well.

So far I bought the Pork Loin at Super1, the ribs at Krogers, maybe the tri-tip at Albertsons, Brisket at Sams, Lump at Brookshires, and perhaps I can come up with something from County Market as well!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky