Alabama Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ab canuck

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 20, 2016
Alberta Canada
We did a bit of a Pot luck last night, Some of the guys are heading out on their rotation Wednesday so there were a few things to use up for dinner. I have enjoyed the Alabama white sauce Jeff sent out awhile back and a few other ones we found. So we made up a sauce I have been using, Cleaned up a couple packs of thighs and let them marinate in the sauce for the day. We kept some sauce to the side for dipping for the ones that like to. We cut up some cauliflower onions and zucchini ( no one had peppers or cherry tomatoes left) tossed them in EVO coarse black pepper and Kosher salt. Put it all in the pit boss I use for work. Smoked for an hour and turned up to 350 till chicken was at 165 IT. It was a hit with the guys. Smoked veggies are a favorite of mine as well as the Alabama white sauce. Thx for looking.
Supper.jpg
Plate.jpg

Looks like a great meal. I'm sure the boy appreciated it before heading out.

Point for sure.

Chris

That meal looks fantastic!
If your white sauce is different than Jeff's, would you mind posting the recipe!
Would love to try it out & BTW, congrats on making the carousel!!
Al

Thx guys for the Likes, appreciate that.
The recipe I have been using is a slight spin on another one I had tried, I like the tang at the end with the ACV and horseradish. I usually double it as we do 12- 24 thighs / drums at a time. Try it out and see what you think.
1 cup mayo
1 Tbsp ACV (apple cider vinegar)
1 Tbsp Horseradish
½-1 tsp Kosher salt
½-1 tsp Coarse ground Black pepper
½-1 tsp cayenne
½ onion powder
½ garlic powder.
Mix well and taste, Adj to your taste.
Again Thx for the comments looks and likes.

I did up some Alabama white sauced chicken thighs a few months ago for the first time. They turned out really good and quickly disappeared.

If you are a fan of ranch dressing. Im pretty sure you will enjoy Alabama white sauce.

Looks like yours turned out well.

Thx again guys for the kind comments and likes. Appreciate that.

The Alabama white sauce from Thermoworks is also a good coleslaw dressing.
3/4 C mayo
2 T ACV
1/2 tsp each salt, pepper and prepared horseradish
1/4 tsp cayenne powder.

Reactions: ksblazer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky