AI Powered Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I like playing with fire. But that might be some awesome tech for a restaurant.

Reactions: JLeonard
Nope.... Have grill, Have Smoker and use them often! A glorified (and very expensive) toaster for steak is not going to create the same meal. And while I'm thinking about it some more, if I was going to do it all indoors I'd use my CI skillet. :emoji_yum:

Call me a luddite if you will. I don't like the general direction AI is going and want nothing to do with it.

Reactions: 801driver
AI my ass.
This is 100% AI.

The trouble is, you need to decipher the marketing jargon to figure out where the AI lies.

You see, they probably launched this on Kickstarter. Once they reached their backer goal, they decided they didn't need their software engineer anymore (budget cuts/profit taking), so fired him under the guise of an "amicable parting of ways". They realized his pre-programmed inputs could be improved upon, but since they now had no software engineers, couldn't re-write the code. So they turned to AI, had his code "re-writren", and now because AI was involved, they can now say it's an AI powered salamander!

Jokes aside, one of the main things (aside from butter and salt) that separates restaurant food from home food, is the broiler/salamander. And as mentioned in another thread, a dragon I've been chasing to step my game up to the next level.

I don't care about the AI, but if there's an indoor, electric, easy-clean, countertop salamander on the market (that's sub-$5000)? Shut up and take my money.

If something like this came out around the $1k mark it would be on my counter 30 minutes ago.

This is 100% AI.

The trouble is, you need to decipher the marketing jargon to figure out where the AI lies.

You see, they probably launched this on Kickstarter. Once they reached their backer goal, they decided they didn't need their software engineer anymore (budget cuts/profit taking), so fired him under the guise of an "amicable parting of ways". They realized his pre-programmed inputs could be improved upon, but since they now had no software engineers, couldn't re-write the code. So they turned to AI, had his code "re-writren", and now because AI was involved, they can now say it's an AI powered salamander!

Jokes aside, one of the main things (aside from butter and salt) that separates restaurant food from home food, is the broiler/salamander. And as mentioned in another thread, a dragon I've been chasing to step my game up to the next level.

I don't care about the AI, but if there's an indoor, electric, easy-clean, countertop salamander on the market (that's sub-$5000)? Shut up and take my money.

If something like this came out around the $1k mark it would be on my counter 30 minutes ago.
LOL!
I see what you mean though. A high powered broiler would change things for home cooks. Hell it happened over time with sous vide. Maybe that's next.

This is 100% AI.

Integration with artificial intelligence seems promising, especially for the development of various software. However, flexibility, outsourcing software development has its pros and cons. I recently came across detailed information about outsourcing software development to Admiral Studios. This is worth thinking about before deciding on a development strategy. You can check it out here - https://admiral-studios.com/software-development-outsourcing-pros-and-cons This may shed some light on whether outsourcing fits your project's goals.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky