Aging question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

porked

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
Cherry Hill, NJ
Has anyone attempted to age their beef in the fridge, that is leave it in there out of the wrapper for a few days? I have heard/read several articles about this and would be interested hearing from you folks. Thanks in advance.

Good luck.  Buy your age beef from Lobels online.

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

I haven't tried it yet but I really want to thou. Now you should look up Bbally he has made dry aged beef before I think. Have you looked in wiki for it????

I did check the wikis but didn't see anything. My neighbor is a butcher and they do it but charge a ton for doing it. It takes time and some know-how but apparently is well worth it. They hang beef by the walk-in cooler door so that the air hits it frequently, and it begins an aging process which enhances the flavor. Just looking to see if anyone knows about this on here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky