Aging a Simple Way Possible?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nutt

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 19, 2011
Fort Collins Colorado
Ok Folks my hygrometer is on its way along with the fan I will be putting in my old school mini-fridge. Yes I have an old school small fridge, it’s bigger than a newer model mini-style, which I am happy about(cleaned and sanitized naturally). It seems to wander a couple of degrees from night to day.....not sure why....maybe because empty?? ( need some mass?)

I am going to go about this the simple (K.I.S.S.) method because for one right now I am not physically able to build an appliance heavy system like some of you have( as cool as it is).
I want a tray of salt slurry, a fan, and a probe.....that’s all folks! I don’t want to worry about things breaking or checking on them etc etc etc. I tried to search for simple build threads but did not come up with much.

I know my target temp will be around *37 and 75-80% RH but my main question is how do I make the slurry??? Is it a ballpark thing, Salt and distilled water until the RH is correct in the chamber? Or do one of you guys have it down to a science already?

I’m sure I will have more questions......
Will add pics later as well......

I have a 17.25# Choice Ribeye will carve a few steaks out of and then the remaining chunk will age in the newly christened “Meat Fridge”. It does not have a great fat cap, so I’m worried about it not being a prime candidate for aging.

Any input will be happily received!! So fire away if you have any pearls of wisdom for this first time meat dry ager (wanna be??:-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky