After the hunt, lets make some sausage! w qview...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow, thanks for the pictures, a most impressive sausage fest, some good eating this winter! NICE

You are definitely ridin the sausage train!

train.gif

36.gif

36.gif

36.gif

36.gif

36.gif

erain, morning... Great thread.... you and whomever are definitely great sausage makers..... have you done this before???
laugh1.gif
    I would definitely keep the pig raiser you found ... that is beautiful pork.... Dave

Mmmmm.... Looks excellent E!   and you went elk hunting again?  Bet that was fun.
biggrin.gif
  Good to see ya...

Wow   ......... Now thats what I call some good lookin sausage. Thats not a sausagefest......Its a MegaSausagepoluza!!!!  You ground all that by HAND? Bet you have arms like Popeye now.
ROTF.gif

points.gif
WOW!  Now that's what I call mass Sausage making. If 85# = not allot, I wounder what allot is.LOL I have yet to tackle the sausage making, but I'm going to 1 of these days. That's 1 mean looking grinder you have there, and i agree its older then the hills and does a GREAT job. I got to get me a stuffer before i even think about trying to make sausage. You are miles ahead of me on skills, However the more I read the more I learn, and some day I hope I'm as skilled at sausage as you. Can't give you too may 
points.gif

WOW!!!! Now that's some mighty fine looking sausages. 85 lbs not alot? You wore me out just looking at all those amazing pictures.
looks_great.png

I been waiting all year for your next sausagefest buddy.You've done a hell of a job and what variety this time Erain.I see need of help with the new MCP200, so gonna find a load to MN. Grin. Points my friend!!

howdy Bob... there were bellies on that hog too............

Wow E you don't fool around when it comes to sausage makin. It all looks delicious, with  no eye rollin here brother. Ok now I'm hungry for some sausage.
Thanks for sharing the view!!

LOL, thks Dan... your quest for the perfect weiner made me analyze my process and make some needed adjustments...

Do you have all your recipes written down now for next year?

Todd

i certainly do. weiners are pretty much where i want them as well as the bologna.... the s/s is great as is the breakfast. have only tried the maple so far...

Mmmmm.... Looks excellent E!   and you went elk hunting again?  Bet that was fun. :biggrin:   Good to see ya...

hey girly!!! yes we had a good year again. didnt personally shoot one but we got 2 so each ended up with half an elk. had my chance though, deer season was kinder to me... my nephew got this one... good eater eh...

Wow  [SIZE=12pxYou ground all that by HAND? Bet you have arms like Popeye now.:ROTF [/SIZE]

that there is no hand grinder. i am sure it was a commercial butcher shop grinder from back in the day, way way back...

:Looks-Great:   great job, nice breaky, makes his own maple syrup, u the manThumbs Up

LOL, yeah, i gave it a shot this past spring as i have a lot of sugar maples... My dad always used to talk about doing it but we never did. so this past spring it happened and ended up with a grand total of almost 6 gallons of real syrup... better than any stuff i ever had from a store even if it says 100% pure... so now that i am hooked on this sugarin thing just have another hobby i dont have time for...

Last edited:
You are a jack of all trades....props to you! Sausage looks really good and that pig should keep you busy for a while. Time for lunch!

Chris

Wow E-I saw that ol' hog hanging there and had a flashback to my younger years when I worked as a butcher. Man talk about a boat load of sausages. Now if Ma Dutch-er-I mean Santa Claus comes through with my requested 5 lb vertical sausage stuffer for Christmas, I hope to be turning out some brats for New Years.

Man that is awesome Sausage and Syrup two of my favorite things

i too have alot of sugar maples in my back 40, U got me now into harvesting sap and makin syrup.....U evil man U....lol.......new hobby i'm gonna try, like i dont have enuff.....great job once again

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky