Advice please.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

FrankieDedos

Original poster
Oct 19, 2017
Wanted to smoke some pork chops and would really like to hear how you guys go about it. Mostly interested in temps and times. Thank you.

So I went for it anyways. Rubbed them down with a little oil then with garlic that I had turned into a paste, coated them with a rub I made of fresh chopped rosemary, johnnys salt and black pepper. Smoked them over cherry wood at about 245 to 150 internal. I like mine well done. Did baked potatoes and onion lemon green beans.
20171019_204829.jpg
20171019_211349.jpg

I did not brine them. I don't think they needed it. It's pork from a hog I butchered last week. All organic home grown pork. Slaughtered and butchered it my self. Meat is really nicely marbled and has great flavor. I'll try a brine next time and see what's up. Any recipe you recommend?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky