Advice needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johndeer

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 16, 2014
South Ga
is it possible to smoke cured sausage for about 4 hours and then vac bag them and sous vide them to finish?
If so what would be the advice on times and temps for that kind of process?

Sure, that would work very well. Can't say how long but 150°IT is the goal...JJ

Thanks
I’m thinking of starting the smoker at 120 deg for about 1 hour to dry a bit then bumping temp to 130 and holding it there with smoke for 4 more hours.
Then sous viding them in a bath starting at 130 and set for150 so it would ramp up slowly and holding it there for 1 hour?

Take your cured smoked sausage (in the smoker) to (meat IT 145*) then vac seal and SV starting at 155* until you get your IT of the finished to 151-152*

Take your cured smoked sausage (in the smoker) to (meat IT 145*) then vac seal and SV starting at 155* until you get your IT of the finished to 151-152*
If you have the sausages vac sealed and in the SV at 155* how will you know when the IT hits 151-152*? You can't stick a temp probe in without compromising the vac seal. Wouldn't it be better to set the SV temp to, not above, your desired finish temp?

Nice thing about SV is precise control. Set for the desired finished IT and you can't over cook the meat...JJ

That’s exactly my thoughts,
That sous vide has made some fine tasting food lately.
Just trying to justify the money I spent on the Joule to the wife!
Buy first and ask for forgiveness later or when ya get caught.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky