Advice?/Input please regarding Ronco dehydrator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DukeStreetKing

Original poster
Jan 31, 2021
Hi All,

This is my first post to this forum; I appreciate any advice/input y'all may have regarding my Ronco dehydrator that I intend to use to make a batch of jerky. Specifically, the instruction manual does not address those two white plastic discs in the picture below. I got this used from a friend who had never used it herself. They nestle in the tray just above the heating element. I assume they might be to contain drips, although when using a friends' Excalibur dehydrator to make jerky, there was literally no dripping to contain. These things appear to be made of plastic and thus susceptible to melting or casting off gasses that could add bad flavors to the jerky at best, or be dangerous at worst.

Does anyone know if these should be in place while in operation? And if so, both of them?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Michael P, Rochester, NY
AKA DukeStreetKing

IMG_1021.jpg

Reactions: dennis8483
Seen them before, think they might be used for fruit, or doing fruit roll up type things. So no don't use them while doing jerky. I'd have to go look at ours to tell you for sure

Ryan

Reactions: DukeStreetKing
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky