Another fun morning in the kitchen. And. A gift from a great friend.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Morning Steve , All post that I respond to gives me email responces after that. Yesterday I received one in this post of yours about a drone, now I cannot seem to findi it just the edited post. So was looking and can't seem to find it as a new post.

David
I didn't mean to post it there. Sorry.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Most excellent looking Sammy Steve, and the jerky just wow.

Point for sure
Chris

Most excellent looking Sammy Steve, and the jerky just wow.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris!

Steve is top round typically what you use for jerky? I would have thought London Broil?
Top round which is commonly called London broil around these parts. Or eye of round is what I usually use. I'll use flank if I get a deal on it.

Reactions: clifish
So you don't smoke your jerky? Let us know how that gift works. I am going to dry mine in the new ninja, capacity is small but need to try. After getting the Ninja last week, the kitchenaid over the weekend and a slicer this coming week. Bonnie will kill me if I bring another appliance into the house!

Although....I could give away the ancient Ronco dehydrator (o fan so not safe for jerky) I have and store this it's place...hmmmm

So you don't smoke your jerky? Let us know how that gift works. I am going to dry mine in the new ninja, capacity is small but need to try. After getting the Ninja last week, the kitchenaid over the weekend and a slicer this coming week. Bonnie will kill me if I bring another appliance into the house!

Although....I could give away the ancient Ronco dehydrator (o fan so not safe for jerky) I have and store this it's place...hmmmm
Depends on my mood/weather/time/etc. I've done jerky in the oven, dehydrator, air fryer, and smoker. This new dehydrator works very well. Large capacity. And I didn't need to rotate the racks like others I've had.
I'm gonna get accused of blasphemy. But, with the addition of liquid smoke to the jerky recipe. I cannot tell the difference between the smoked or oven jerky. As long as you're careful on the amount you use.

Reactions: clifish
Depends on my mood/weather/time/etc. I've done jerky in the oven, dehydrator, air fryer, and smoker. This new dehydrator works very well. Large capacity. And I didn't need to rotate the racks like others I've had.
I'm gonna get accused of blasphemy. But, with the addition of liquid smoke to the jerky recipe. I cannot tell the difference between the smoked or oven jerky. As long as you're careful on the amount you use.
Steve, is there an set amount of liquid smoke you use per lb of meat?

Steve, is there an set amount of liquid smoke you use per lb of meat?
Yup. 1 tsp per pound of meat. And I add cure #1 for total weight. 5 pounds of meat and liquid add 1 tsp of cure. Though. With the TSM liquid smoke. I use a touch under 1 tsp per pound. Their stuff is good. But strong.

Reactions: tbern
Steve do you sous vide your jerky before dehydrating? I was reading somewhere that it should brought to 145 deg before dehydrating?

Steve do you sous vide your jerky before dehydrating? I was reading somewhere that it should brought to 145 deg before dehydrating?
I never tried that. Or heard of this. I've always just took it from the fridge to what I'm using to make jerky.

Awesome gift. Sammy's look great! makin me hungry this mornin. Those will have to hit my menu soon

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky