1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Adjusting Oven Recipe Time for smoker

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by petehalsted, Aug 12, 2018.

1. petehalsted

petehalsted Smoking Fanatic

For the first time my google/search skills have failed me, I know there was a post that gave guidelines on how do adjust a oven recipe for smoker, relating to time.

It was something like for every 25 degrees difference in temp add # time, but I can't find it. Anybody have the link?

2. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

There really is no difference. Whether you're cooking in an oven, a smoker, a cardboard box or an electric cooker, 325° is still the same in all of them.

3. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

4. petehalsted

petehalsted Smoking Fanatic

You the man Pops, converting was the magic word I was using adjusting.

And yes I was looking for adjusting time when following a recipe but using a lower temp.

5. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Pops is a good man to follow. Again it also has to do with your smoker how well you can control your temperatures the ambient temperature. A lot of things can go into play here.

Warren