Adjusting Oven Recipe Time for smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

petehalsted

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 28, 2015
For the first time my google/search skills have failed me, I know there was a post that gave guidelines on how do adjust a oven recipe for smoker, relating to time.

It was something like for every 25 degrees difference in temp add # time, but I can't find it. Anybody have the link?

There really is no difference. Whether you're cooking in an oven, a smoker, a cardboard box or an electric cooker, 325° is still the same in all of them.

You the man Pops, converting was the magic word I was using adjusting.

And yes I was looking for adjusting time when following a recipe but using a lower temp.

Pops is a good man to follow. Again it also has to do with your smoker how well you can control your temperatures the ambient temperature. A lot of things can go into play here.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky