ADDING TO THE STASH

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
Well, Sunday was my first day off in many weeks so what did I do? Bust wood! I had a big hickory and some black wild cherry that had blown down in the spring. I had already cut them up . I rented a wood buster from the local hardware store for 50 bucks and away I went! Best 50 bucks I have spent in a while. It all split real nice. I'll stack it all under the shed with the other seasoned wood in a few days. The cherry is the pile in the front and the hickory is the pile in the back. Take care and keep on smokin!!
IMG_5459.jpg

IMG_5460.jpg

I do miss a stick burner. We cant have one in the resort (no open fire thing) not open i close the lid....eh

Reactions: Hawging It
Looks like you've been a busy little woodchuck! Looks like you won't be running out too soon.

Ryan

Nice Stash you got there!!
When I had a Woodstove, I used to have about 2 cords on a steel rack along the sides of my parking spot. All Hardwood, mostly Oak, Poplar, and Cherry.

Bear

Oh man, what I'd give for that! Living in AZ now I have to but bags of hickory from Cabelas, cactus doesn't burn real well in my SQ36. RAY

• Haha
Nice Stash you got there!!
When I had a Woodstove, I used to have about 2 cords on a steel rack along the sides of my parking spot. All Hardwood, mostly Oak, Poplar, and Cherry.

Bear
Good deal. Never smoked anything with poplar. We have poplar in the area. What's it like?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky