AC Legg

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Biggy1

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
Houston Texas
I purchased a bag of ac legg sweet onion and garlic blend 220 , what amount do I put into 13 5 #s of meat?

You can’t tell me that there are no instructions on the bag to tell you how much to use per pound. If not then I’m sure someone here can help, ac legg is a pretty popular seasoning!
Al

From the other spice pkgs I bought from them, the entire bag (8oz/227g) is for 25# of meat.
That is the only directions on the bag.
If you go by ounces, you will need .54x8 = 4.32 ounces - a little over 1/2 of the 8oz bag
If you go by grams, you will need 9.08x13.5 = 122.58 grams - a little over 1/2 of the 227g bag

Hope my math is right as I have that written on the bag. Haha

Is that the bag that weighs 21.5 oz for 25 lbs of meat?
If it is you would need 1.16 oz / lb of meat. Or 15.66 oz for your 13.5 lbs of meat.

Ryan

Reactions: Biggy1 and zwiller
From the other spice pkgs I bought from them, the entire bag (8oz/227g) is for 25# of meat.
That is the only directions on the bag.
If you go by ounces, you will need .54x8 = 4.32 ounces - a little over 1/2 of the 8oz bag
If you go by grams, you will need 9.08x13.5 = 122.58 grams - a little over 1/2 of the 227g bag

Hope my math is right as I have that written on the AC Legg say 1 tablespoon per pound of meat and I added 13.5 tablespoons and came up with 6ozs. did a fry test and had to add 1.5 tsps of seasoning.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky