AC LEGG SEASONINGS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Biggy1

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 5, 2019
Houston Texas
AC Legg pork 10 has instructions for the 11oz. bag seasons 25lbs. of meat, so I want to use half of the bag for 12.5 lbs of pork butt which is 5.5 ounces of seasoning and for 8.5lbs of beef , how much season will I use ?

Math comes to 0.44oz per pound if you stick to the label. Is there a reason you want to try pork seasoning on beef? Or are you mixing beef to the pork?

Last edited:
Reactions: fivetricks
8/2010 – could you please tell me how much seasoning i would use per pound as i only make five or ten pounds at a time.
Thank you

Response From Southern Indiana Butcher Supply: The product lable states that one 8 ounce package will correctly season 25 pounds of meat. The most accurate method of measurement for smaller size batches is to weigh .02 lb of seasoning per pound of meat. For 10 pounds we would use .2 lb of seasoning, for 5 pounds of sausage we would use .1 lb of seasoning. If you do not have a scale to weigh these small amounts then you can measure by teaspoons. 2 teaspoons of seasoning per pound of meat will yield an almost exact measurement. You may also adjust the seasoning up or down to taste.

This may help.

This is for an 8oz package reply ???

8/2010 – could you please tell me how much seasoning i would use per pound as i only make five or ten pounds at a time.
Thank you

Response From Southern Indiana Butcher Supply: The product lable states that one 8 ounce package will correctly season 25 pounds of meat. The most accurate method of measurement for smaller size batches is to weigh .02 lb of seasoning per pound of meat. For 10 pounds we would use .2 lb of seasoning, for 5 pounds of sausage we would use .1 lb of seasoning. If you do not have a scale to weigh these small amounts then you can measure by teaspoons. 2 teaspoons of seasoning per pound of meat will yield an almost exact measurement. You may also adjust the seasoning up or down to taste.

This may help.

This is for an 8oz package reply ???
Blend 105 the smoked sausage seasoning

converting to grams is so much easier when partially using seasoning packages.

Boykjo

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky