ABT's (Atomic Buffalo Turds)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
coyote.........sloflo been mia for awhile.........look at the post below yours to see one place.............

we just make boats or canoes...........and lay em flat on the grill...........

We tried the ABTs with sausage and cornbread stuffing. I think the sausage was our favorite. We made a dip out of cream cheese and ranch dressing mix. It really set the ABTs off. I'm thinking of trying a fatty tomorrow. My wife and I blame this forum for all the weight we gain over the memorial day weekend. Happy holiday to y'all.

Yeah thats what I need. They kindda look like a Mr. Pepper Head with a bacon wig. I have to check out the site for the chili grill now. Thanks.

Coyote - Punch in 'chile grills' into google and you will get some nice links to order one. I was in a bind on Sun and got a shish-ka-bob kit at Bed-Bath-Beyond. (see pic below) However, I plan to get a grill as some of mine 'flipped' during the smoke and dumped the filling. (one or two)

Bullheadgoat - Welcome to SMF. I missed your intro. My wife says I am gaining weight due to this place, too. I went with cream cheese, shredded cheddar and jeff's rub wrapped in bacon. (mentioned here somewhere)

pic of pick of ABT's...

Ron, Thanks.

Other comments:
Now that I look again. That bacon (cooked to 'wimpy' beforehand did a nice job holding that filling in on more than a few of them)

ALSO, I would add to rinse them out before stuffing. (the sticky says this by the way) I did not do this and the ends were quite hot. (too much for me actually - I like a decent amount of heat at times)

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Good tips. Thanks. I have already re-named them here for the benefit of my 6 and 5 yr old boys. Cool 4-H project! (former 10 yr member here).

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I like the whole pepper method using a long skinny boning knife to cut the 4 ribs attaching the seeds to the flesh and capping the end with a little bacon. The seeds pop out mostly all together in a pod. The tooth pick through the stem end to hold the bacon allows me to hang them from my rib rack.  I thought the toothpick may tear through after cooking 3 hours but the peppers are plenty strong enough.

-Kurt

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky