About Those Wiki Articles.. I Need Some Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK
As promised a while back.. I have set up some different categories for the wiki articles such as Recipes, Instructionals, Admin, Etc.

I will set up a few more broad categories and then within those categories, we can assign tags to make things easier to find. Within the Recipes section, we can have rubs, sauces, fattys, etc. to help us find what we are looking for easily and quickly.

I will take care of the tagging if I can just get some help from those of you who created the original wiki articles. Go into your article, hit the edit button at the top right then go to the very bottom and select the "Article Type".

Hit save and you are done.

I can move all of them myself, however, if I could get some help from all of you, it could happen faster. If each author will take care of their own, this can happen really fast.

If you folks will do that, I will start the tagging and you should see some major improvements very quickly.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

All of the articles are now under the "ARTICLES" tab/category..

Just an FYI, I am thinking that we will get rid of the "ARTICLES" category once it is empty. This gives us room for about 6 maybe 7 categories across the top. Each of those can have virtually unlimited tags to help break things up into easy to find sections.

Last edited:
Is my "How to Cook a Pig Underground" an instructional post or a recipe? lol  
biggrin.gif

Is my "How to Cook a Pig Underground" an instructional post or a recipe? lol  
biggrin.gif

I think that's probably an instructional.

If it's more about the process then it's an instructional, if it's more about the ingredients then it's a recipe. Does that make sense?

It can always be moved later if we change our minds. I'll make a tag called "whole-hog" that way if anyone else has other information on cooking whole hogs/pigs, they can be found easily.

Thanks for your help!

I think that's probably an instructional.

If it's more about the process then it's an instructional, if it's more about the ingredients then it's a recipe. Does that make sense?

It can always be moved later if we change our minds. I'll make a tag called "whole-hog" that way if anyone else has other information on cooking whole hogs/pigs, they can be found easily.

Thanks for your help!
Makes sense!  Thanks!
icon14.gif

Thanks everyone.. it's starting to look better over there. Give it a few days and it should look even better!

Bump.. bump.. bump..

Just want to bump this up to see if anyone else wants to move your own wiki articles.. I can do it pretty quickly and I don't mind doing it at all, but as I found out yesterday, when I move the article, it is considered an "edit" and as such, makes me the latest contributer.

This may be fine with you but I really would rather that the articles were plastered with the authors name and avatar rather than all of them say "Admin" and have my picture on it.

Either way, I am wanting to get this done as soon as possible so anyone who wants to move your own, please try to do that soon otherwise, I will just go in and do it.

Thanks for your "speedy" help with this.. 

Jeff,

I tried moving one of my Wiki's, it's called "All about Ham", I put it in under INSTRUCTIONAL.If it's working as programmed, I'll repeat the procedure with the rest of my Wiki's.

Rich

Well, I think I moved all of my Wikis. A couple of things I noticed.

1. If Jeff has moved your Wiki, you can still go through the procedure and your user name and avatar will be on top, with Jeff's below.

2. It looks like the default setting for who can edit the Wiki, is" anyone". You can select "Only Me", if you wish.

That's all there is... cause there ain't no more.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky