A Testament To The Great People In This Forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
I've noticed several very positive trends within the forum recently, not the least of which is more and more people showing their generosity and sharing stuff with other people. A couple days ago I was the recipient of just such a gesture. The package came from a person that has been a member for quite a while but due to circumstances was not able to participate much until recently. Since then he has blown the forum up (in a very good way) with some amazing, inspiring, and creative threads. I've been blessed to have developed a great friendship with this person. We had a really nice PM discussion going and shared some info back and forth. The discussion ran it's course as most do at some point and there has not been communication except in the main forum. Well, I was sitting here Friday and Tracy came in and informed me that I had a package. Huh? I wasn't expecting anything. Then I looked at the return address and about dropped the package. I was in awe. Couldn't believe it. This is what was in the pacakge:
014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Nothing fancy but it sure is special. This person is sharing a very important aspect of his life with a total stranger. How great is that? From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate the gesture as well as your service to our country, as I'm quite certain that a lot of other people appreciate your service. Thank you VERY much and make no mistake, the hat will be a great addition to my collection. I collect them but since starting to lost my hair, I stopped wearing them, which I did for many years. The coffee cup with be used on a daily basis. Growing up in Northern VA just outside of Washington DC, I was surrounded by military and miss the environment, as well as sharing storied with the soldiers in the bar having a cold beer. My grandmother was stationed at the Pentagon for many years before she retired and I got to spend quite a bit of time there with her as a child. Yes sir, this brings back some very special memories :emoji_wink:

Semper Fi,
Robert

This is one of the greatest forums on Earth.
You'll get no arguments from me
I seem to have gotten it's twin! You should meet his mushroom guy...tasty as all get out!
Cool for you Ryan!! I'd love to meet that mushroom guy. Around here we can only get the baby white ones and portabellas. Some variety would be amazing.
The generosity and comradeship here is legit and pervasive!
Yes sir, you're 100% correct.

Robert

I've noticed several very positive trends within the forum recently, not the least of which is more and more people showing their generosity and sharing stuff with other people. A couple days ago I was the recipient of just such a gesture. The package came from a person that has been a member for quite a while but due to circumstances was not able to participate much until recently. Since then he has blown the forum up (in a very good way) with some amazing, inspiring, and creative threads. I've been blessed to have developed a great friendship with this person. We had a really nice PM discussion going and shared some info back and forth. The discussion ran it's course as most do at some point and there has not been communication except in the main forum. Well, I was sitting here Friday and Tracy came in and informed me that I had a package. Huh? I wasn't expecting anything. Then I looked at the return address and about dropped the package. I was in awe. Couldn't believe it. This is what was in the pacakge:
View attachment 629544
View attachment 629545
View attachment 629546

Nothing fancy but it sure is special. This person is sharing a very important aspect of his life with a total stranger. How great is that? From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate the gesture as well as your service to our country, as I'm quite certain that a lot of other people appreciate your service. Thank you VERY much and make no mistake, the hat will be a great addition to my collection. I collect them but since starting to lost my hair, I stopped wearing them, which I did for many years. The coffee cup with be used on a daily basis. Growing up in Northern VA just outside of Washington DC, I was surrounded by military and miss the environment, as well as sharing storied with the soldiers in the bar having a cold beer. My grandmother was stationed at the Pentagon for many years before she retired and I got to spend quite a bit of time there with her as a child. Yes sir, this brings back some very special memories :emoji_wink:

Semper Fi,
Robert
I love this place. I am very active in other jeep and boat forums that are chocked full of a@#holes. I love to read, learn and share here.
thanks all

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky