So this post is just a little late. I made these early December 2014. One was for a friend and the other was for my Dad for Christmas. The supplies: Nothing really out of the norm from others. Have the circles marked. We cut 3 little holes with the dremel for the jig saw blade, then cut all but 1/4" before the next hole. Then cut the rest with the dremel. we then ground the edges smooth. Sides marked for the side bolts. In order for the lid to fit, we needed to crimp the top edge. Could have been a little cleaner in look for me....... All of the fittings were sealed with high heat silicon. 3/4" Ball Valve front and back. Side note: when I make the next one I will use a 1" instead. Just a little more air flow for more heat. Thermometer and Vent Handle Bottom Vent Handle Fire Basket Pot with Bolts looking into the fire basket. I tried to use a vegetable basket for more flexibility. It does work, but I will do a 1/4" plate next time. Ready for some fire and food..... This is the one I made for Dad. He has cooked in it almost every weekend since he got it. He is talking of upgrading to a larger model...... So for my friends we did another mod. I was shown a mini that had latches so it could be carried. I was not able to copy the other due to not having the wire thing that is on some models to hold the lid on for transport. I was able to use pop rivets to mount the latch and clip thing to the lid and pot. Sealed with a little high heat silicon. The bottom was a little more of a challenge, but figured it out. I attached the latch with pop rivets after I made a bridge with some flat bar and then notched the bottom to latch too.... Hang test...... Hope you enjoyed.... Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.