1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

A real cold smoker.... picture....

Discussion in 'Info and Practices' started by daveomak, Jul 22, 2019.

1. daveomak

daveomak Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I wish this was mine... likewise the fish in it.....

Smoke house Stan Zuray.jpg

tallbm, Steve H, drdon and 1 other person like this.
  2. NU2SMOKE

NU2SMOKE Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Thats just awesome! Cold smoked food is great...unfortunately since I live in HELL...oh I mean South Florida....there is no cold smoking in my future anytime soon.:emoji_disappointed:

3. drdon

drdon Smoking Fanatic ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Where is this? Might have to make a new friend!:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4. daveomak

Stan Zuray on the Nenanna river in Alaska.. He starred in a show "Life below zero"....

5. drdon

I watch that show a lot, but never saw this setup. Closest one was the Jessie's (forgot his last name). I would think eating THAT much might get "old" after a while.

6. daveomak

That picture is from the NEW episode.. A group of folks are making a special about Stan and his family and life on the river... I donated to their production and get frequent updates...

I have never gotten tired of quality smoked salmon... When I fished on a purse seiner in SE Alaska, my smoker was going 2-3 days /week.... I should have had my cholesterol checked during the fishing season...

7. drdon

Touche!

8. Winterrider

Winterrider Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I watch that, but I think the one he is on is Yukon Men. Good show...

9. daveomak

YEP !!! Old age is catching up... CRS from one day to the next...

10. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Epic Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I thought and said the same thing watching that show. " Eating Salmon all the time must get old..." Then my Wife shot me her...You're an Idiot...Look and reminded me I have eaten EGGS every morning and sometimes for Supper the same day, FOR YEARS!...JJ

NU2SMOKE likes this.
  11. drdon

chef jimmyj Your wife must know my bad habit as well! Eggs done ANY way is a big vice of mine too! However to our defense, it is hard to eat "smoked salmon" very many different ways. But daveomak was right, their cholesterol level is probably way better!

12. NU2SMOKE

NU2SMOKE Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Hey breakfast for dinner is great sometimes....errr well anythime!!