A pork chop from Grandma's times...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great looking chop. I have not seen one like that since I was in Iowa circa 2003. It was 1.25-1.5 inches thick, slightly pink in the middle with a kiss of applewood smoke. It was delicious.

I commented to the table about the pink when I cut into it. They just smiled and told me I was OK, haha. I was such a noob.

Very deserving the carousel ride!
So what you're saying is " some things are bigger in Iowa than Texas "? :emoji_blush:
I just couldn't resist!

Ryan

What a delicious piece of pork - a Porterhouse pork chop from a nearby farm. 16.4-ounces for $22.96 and worth every penny. I haven't tasted pork this good since I was a kid at Grandma's, may she rest in peace.

Simple salt, pepper and garlic powder.
View attachment 648328

In the pan
View attachment 648327

On the plate
View attachment 648326
Moist, tender, and taste fantastic - the way a pork chop should be!

Way better than the crap pork chops we been seeing here at safway. It's cheap but then again the sirloin cuts are thin and horribly cut.

Reactions: Retired Spook
Way better than the crap pork chops we been seeing here at safway. It's cheap but then again the sirloin cuts are thin and horribly cut.
All corporation pork is old dry-rotted WWII boot leather.

Beautiful pork chop. Chops like that can't be found at most grocery stores...
About 30-years ago there was a grocery store in Scottsdale named Smitty's - they had pork chops like the one this thread is about - but that was before every business in America was owned by corporations and their shareholders, and sucked dry. Pretty soon they will be selling meat made from recycled corrugated and telling you how good it is for the environment, so that they can get the last few pennies you still have left in your pocket, and put in in theirs, then get mad at you when you complain...

Yeah, I'm cynical - it comes from experience.

Today, if you want a good pork chop you have to buy it from a local farmer that has a clue, but it will cost.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky