A Noob, Smokin' in SoCal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Blunderbuss

Original poster
Feb 22, 2021
Howdy folks - originally from VT, but relocated to SoCal and picking up my first smoker (Masterbuilt MD20074719) - I think here it's called the MES40, but I really can't tell - there seem to be many options for that moniker. I have an A-MAZ-N pellet tray and a blow torch on the way, too. Already had an aptly named Smoke thermometer from Thermoworks for my grill adventures.

I look forward to learning from you all! Am I missing anything essential? :D

Thanks all for the warm welcome :) I think I'm just going to dive right in and try a brisket this weekend!

The brisket was good, but a challenging smoke. I'm debating a full write-up...I probably should decode my photo notes before I forget it all. Yesterday I did some chicken drumsticks over apple to give myself an easier project. They came out great, but 2.5 hrs was a little too much smoke I think. Anyway, since you all were kind enough to welcome me, here are some food pics :)

Attachments

• 20210228_114511.jpg
    20210228_114511.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210306_174710.jpg
    20210306_174710.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: MJB05615
Looks good from here. Don't be intimidated by Brisket. Repetition will solve all of that. Nice work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky