A newbie smoker!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shea1973

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
From Vandalia Illinois
Hello my name is Shea and 36 years old.  I live in Vandalia Illinois.  I been grilling for the past 20 years.  About 3 years ago I bought a Brink man Grill & Smoker for $200.  However just this summer I have started Smoking on it. I am starting to find it very fun to do and enjoy it a lot. Still trying to understand how to control the smoker, work in progress.
icon_smile.gif
   I have already made a couple of post and found that there are some really helpful and very nice people on here.  I also sign up for the smoking course which I found helpfully, but for some reason didn't get chapter 2. 

This is my Brink man smoker.  Yes it is a little rusty, a few occasions I forgot to cover it!
icon_sad.gif
  I thought of repainting it but not sure how and if the heat would chip the paint.  On the side is where the charcoal and wood go and you can also do regular grilling on it.

Shea

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You'll find lots of good info and some great recipes here. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Last edited:
Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

Welcome. Check out the build section for paint tips. You can search and most likely find what you need about paint. I used wood stove paint on my fire box, and high temp engine paint on the rest of it.

The bad thing is now that you joined, you will be smoking to much to get it painted.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Keep the smoke rolling and have fun.

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Shea to SMF. Now thats a Brinkman it looks just like my New Braunfel smoker just backwards my fire box is on the other side. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky