A-MAZE-N Products Thanksgiving Giveaway

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What am I most thankful for???

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with tongue cancer.  It was squamous cell carcinoma and was the size of a golf ball.  Chemo and radiation took care of the cancer, and my last treatment was early July, but it knocked me out and I was basically bedridden for most of the summer.  Lost 80 lbs, had a feeding tube put in, and generally felt like death for many months.

I'm thankful for an awesome family who all stepped up to help out.  My wife took my 3 children to various cub and boy scout campouts, soccer and baseball practices and games, and was on the go most every waking minute she was not at work.  She has a full time job, but always made sure the family was where it needed to be while her husband was home in bed or at his appointments.

I'm thankful for living in such a great community.  I had several neighbors stop by and offer to help mow the yard, clean the gutters, or just simply be there to talk to while I went through my treatments.  I live in a community where we all look after each other.  People in the heartland are salt of the earth and my neighbors are living proof.

Lastly, I'm thankful to be alive and to be able to experience all the great things God has given us.  Now that my taste buds are slowly starting to come back, I'm really looking forward to being able to eat delicious food again as well!

I am thankful that I smoked a turkey last night so we could have some before thanksgiving leftovers! Brother in law always sneaks the last bits into his coat pocket!

To much to list, but family, friends and our great country are at the top of my list.

Gary

I am truly thankful for a loving Father in Heaven who has blessed me with an amazing family. I married my wife who had 3 beautiful children already, and I had 1. We became an instant family. It has been amazing watching them grow and I have learned more from them then the other way around. My wife has had 2 major surgery's to help prevent cancer. Breast and Hysterectomy. Her strength and patience and courage have inspired me to be a better man and father and neighbor. I AM BLESSED TO HAVE HER BY MY SIDE AND GROW OLD TOGETHER!! I am blessed far more then I deserve! 

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with tongue cancer.  It was squamous cell carcinoma and was the size of a golf ball.  Chemo and radiation took care of the cancer, and my last treatment was early July, but it knocked me out and I was basically bedridden for most of the summer.  Lost 80 lbs, had a feeding tube put in, and generally felt like death for many months.

I'm thankful for an awesome family who all stepped up to help out.  My wife took my 3 children to various cub and boy scout campouts, soccer and baseball practices and games, and was on the go most every waking minute she was not at work.  She has a full time job, but always made sure the family was where it needed to be while her husband was home in bed or at his appointments.

I'm thankful for living in such a great community.  I had several neighbors stop by and offer to help mow the yard, clean the gutters, or just simply be there to talk to while I went through my treatments.  I live in a community where we all look after each other.  People in the heartland are salt of the earth and my neighbors are living proof.

Lastly, I'm thankful to be alive and to be able to experience all the great things God has given us.  Now that my taste buds are slowly starting to come back, I'm really looking forward to being able to eat delicious food again as well!
I'm Thankful that Paul85 is doing better & I'm hoping he gets his taste buds back real soon.

I know what he's talking about. Since a Dr screwed up 3 years ago, I've been having a rough time, but I only lost 41 pounds in 28 days in the Hospital, and lost my taste buds for 7 months. I got them all back, except I still lost my taste for coffee, after drinking it for 50 years. That's fine, I'm glad it's coffee, and not Prime Rib!! 

Like Paul, I still get a lot of help for things that used to be second nature to me.

Bear

Reactions: paul85
I'm thankful for the the ability/knowledge to prepare food that others enjoy eating. Sausage is my personal favorite, andouille, hot link or a polish link. One every morning for breakfast at work... It is the most important meal of the day. Might as well eat what you like.

Good luck & Be safe!!

God bless you Paul and your neighbors who stepped forward to help you in your time of need.  Your wife is a Saint!

Take care and I am glad you are doing much better!

John

Reactions: paul85
I'm thankful for being able to grab the last Genny.
now that is something I can wrap my head around (no pun intended) I have not seen /had a Genny Crème Ale for as long as I can remember. last trip home I flew two cases in my baggage and sent the contents of the suitcase home UPS more expensive than common sense but the Mrs finally understood....inexpensive beer + shipping + overweight charge too much by the smoker with a COLD Crème Ale Priceless 
beercheer.gif

ROTF.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky