A-MAZE-N adjustable tube necessary?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ls1310

Original poster
Apr 20, 2020
I am just looking at getting one of the tubes to use in a gas grill. What is the purpose of the adjustable tube? Can't you just fill a 12" tube half full if you want less smoke?

Reactions: Will Squared
I guess what I am asking is does it work better to have a smaller tube full as opposed to a bigger tube half full? Just trying to see why and adjustable tube is needed.

Reactions: Will Squared
Can't you just fill a 12" tube half full if you want less smoke?
Exactly what I did yesterday for a shorter smoke. Little trickier getting the pellets lit when it is half full, but doable.
Thai_Chkn_in_smoker_cropped.jpg

Ok well since I don't have one yet, I guess I may as well get the adjustable one then if it might be a little trickier getting it lit when half full. There doesn't seem like there is a downside to the adjustable one. Thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky