a little sausage making

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnb5

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
I thought I would share my sausage day. First I made some brats. Here is the gear used

Then we cut up the pork butt.

The mixing the brat seasoning

Packed the stuffer

Then the magic happened

Thanks for looking everyone. I made Chorizo also but should thought I should start a new threads for that

Yep........ Your a sausage maker now. I can tell by the smear of pork fat on the lens of your camera.... LOL  The sausage looks great....
icon14.gif

Yes boykjo I have been known to get sausage everywhere. I don't mess with my phone a lot for that very reason

That looks great. I am a sausage newbie and always watching to learn. That's funny about the sausage grease getting everywhere, I can leave a hand print in places I didn't go near! Its like magic!

Great looking sausage.

That bratwurst looks great. As it is your first batch, I would be happy to taste test some for you. Always glad to help.

Disco

I use Syracuse casings. Sheep and hog depends on what I am making. I used a brat recipe I found on here. For my spicy brats I use shooter Ricks recipe

You can get them pre-tubed. Those are the ones I use. It helps me load them on my stuffing tube

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky