a good bread machine

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

capnbo

Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Gulfport, MS
I am researching the best bread machine that is automatic but has a manual setting for removing the recipe after kneading if desired for cooking on the kamado or oven. Thanks for your recommendations or comments.

I've got an Oster, with the features you describe. I got it from my Mom for Christmas 10 or so years ago, so I didn't shop for it on my own. It's gotten a lot of use over the years and is still working great. I use the dough only mode a lot, for pizza dough, rolls, bread bowls and even traditional loaves baked in the oven. I wouldn't have one without that feature.

I use mine just for mixing on the dough setting. Then bread is baked in what ever shape I choose, in the oven.

Found my bread machine at the goodwill store. Still brand new in the box for $10.00. Although it was about 8 years old. West bend brand. CF

My wife had a Panasonic that just died after 20+ years. She bought another one (same brand) and likes it. Also, it was a lot cheaper this go round. 

I make bread alot and have never owned a bread machine but thats not to say that they are not a good thing. But every yard sale that I go to has one forsale...

Roller you are right about the yard sales. Most bread machines are used very Little. If mine ever brakes I wont get another one. Just be using my mixer. I do like the easy clean up with the bread machine. CF

icon_cool.gif

I have made bread from scatch and with a machine before. I put my bread machine in a yard sale the wife had last week.

I been making Bread by hand since I was a kid. Know, I will use my Kitchen Aid to do the heavy lifting and finish by hand. Good bread has to be Felt to be right. Flour and how it reacts with Water changes from day to day. Flour used on a humid or rainy day requires less water that Flour that is very dry. There is no way a Machine can sense this. I have had bread from machines and it is OK for a basic White Bread but anything else can not compare to Hand Made...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky