A Few Smoker & Skillet Cooks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Spares came on sale at my local Fry's Market for $1.49lb so I picked up four racks
DSCN3635.JPG

Seasoned up a rack and tossed into the fridge overnight while deciding which smoker to use
DSCN3637.JPG

Decided I wanted to go with my Pro 100 so I could use cherry wood chips, 225º about 7 hours.
DSCN3642.JPG

Time for a one hour ride with some SBR
DSCN3643.JPG

Pulled at a IT of 198º, perfect bite and nice color
DSCN3644.JPG

Plated up with some beans and tater salad, worked for me!
DSCN3645.JPG

Here in the desert we're cookin' outside 12 months a year
DSCN1935.JPG

T-bone steaks came on sale @ $4.75 lb, I had a dozen cut 1&1/2" thick. Tossed one into a 12" CI skillet, 800º for 90 seconds a side
DSCN3670.JPG

Came out just the way I like, plated up with some cauliflower mash, fresh broc, and sauteed shrooms
DSCN3641.JPG

As long as the skillet was handy next day I fried up a few yardbird legs
DSCN3649.JPG

Had some mash leftover, did up some zukes, dinner was on
DSCN3650.JPG

The Weber was starting to feel a tad neglected, time for a leg-o-lamb, just S&P, punched with a dozen cloves of garlic
DSCN3682.JPG

Set up the kettle with the SnS, a chunk of hickory, vents half open.
DSCN3683.JPG

Pulled at a IT of 132º for a rest while I side up some shrooms and spargees
DSCN3684.JPG

A little mint apple jelly, nice glass of cab, I'm a pretty happy guy!
DSCN3685.JPG

Wanting to touch all the bases (except the 26er) I fired up the BS for a brisket bacon cheeseburger, caramelized onions, homemade maple bacon
DSCN3660.JPG

DSCN3661.JPG

DSCN3662.JPG

Some SBR on a homemade bun works for me
DSCN3663.JPG

Can't have a burger without a Rolling Rock
DSCN3664.JPG

Well that about wraps this one up. Hope y'all are staying safe, gettin' fat, and enjoying life! Thanks for lookin' in too! RAY

Great looking group of cooks Ray! And using the whole arsenal, almost! Nothing wrong with wintering well!

Ryan

Reactions: sawhorseray
Ray, everything looks great, I can't pick a favorite. Though, I do like a good burger when it has so many friends, including that homemade bacon. I would have made extra bacon to keep me company along the way.

Rob

Holy cow Ray!! What an amazing array of goodies there. Some darned fine eats and all look great but I'd be all over that leg of lamb. That just looks breathtaking....at least from my perspective :emoji_wink: Very well done across the board my friend.

Robert

Awesome Ray . I was checking everyday hoping you were gonna do a multi cook thread . Wish I could find spares at the price . Nice cook on the steak . I'm not a Lamb guy , but I know you nailed it .
That chicken !!! Sign me up for that one , with a side of ribs , and a burger for dessert !

Man everything looks great RAY !
Not a lamb guy but I'd sure try that one ..
But the color of those ribs 🙃 AND that burger
Yes sir fix me a platter please sir !

Keith

Heck of a price on the ribs and the steak. Everything looks awesome we know who's eating really good around there lol

Food all looks great Ray, but I'm drooling over the Rolling Rock. We haven't been able to get at any of our Offsales for the last Month. They have been ordering but not making it to our neck of the woods.:emoji_disappointed:

That’s an epic run of awesomeness! Each one looked perfect and they just kept going🤣 Great looking cooks and way to stretch out your rigs!

Oh man, the desert🤔 Cooking outdoors all 12 month’s? It’s been about 5 years since I lived in the desert, but I don’t remember July or August being good months for being outdoors cooking🤣

Great looking group of cooks Ray! And using the whole arsenal, almost! Nothing wrong with wintering well! Ryan

Thanks Ryan! I'd like to get everything in the toolbox out and fired up but I'm still wearing a mask to the grocery store, might be doing that for the rest of my days. Thanks for the Like Ryan, I do appreciate it. RAY

Ray, everything looks great, I can't pick a favorite. Though, I do like a good burger when it has so many friends, including that homemade bacon. I would have made extra bacon to keep me company along the way. Rob

Thanks Rob! I cut my maple bacon thick and the brisket burgers are weighed out at 11 ounces. There was a time I could have gobbled down three of these, now one is a chore to finish. Thanks for the Like Rob, much appreciated!

Holy cow Ray!! What an amazing array of goodies there. Some darned fine eats and all look great but I'd be all over that leg of lamb. That just looks breathtaking....at least from my perspective :emoji_wink: Very well done across the board my friend. Robert

Thanks Robert! One of my favorite aspects of leg-o-lamb is the sous vide leftovers, as good as the first time only a little more tender. Thanks for the Like amigo, I do appreciate it. RAY

Awesome Ray . I was checking everyday hoping you were gonna do a multi cook thread . Wish I could find spares at the price . Nice cook on the steak . I'm not a Lamb guy , but I know you nailed it .
That chicken !!! Sign me up for that one , with a side of ribs , and a burger for dessert !

Thanks Rich, you know me, I don't buy anything that's not on sale! Try out some lamb loin chops sometime if you ever find them at a decent price, I won't go over seven bucks a pound for them. Grilled fast over coals to medium rare, little glass of wine, better than milk and cookies. Thanks for the Like Rich, much appreciated. RAY
DSCN3656.JPG

Yes sir!! Now we're eatin' good in the neighborhood. All of that would certainly make one fine meal. Please make one more extra plate Ray :emoji_laughing: Robert

We'd have to find a happy medium for the girls Robert. Burgers, everybody loves burgers! RAY

OMG !!! That's a lot of Fine Looking Vittles there, Ray!! Awesome! Like. Bear

Thank you John! Man I wish I had the culinary chops of a few of the guys on this forum, incredible ain't it. That's one of the benefits of getting old, I don't eat as much as I did in my younger days, so what I do cook lasts me a little longer. Thanks for the Like Bear, you know I do appreciate it! RAY

Wow Ray

Nice looking meals going on there. Good price on the ribs , and all look great. I am also
in the not a big Lanb fan. But that's just me, it looked great.

I could go for a big feed of the chicken and burger right now

David

WOW! Those all look great, Ray. The Burger stole the show, and great prices on the Ribs and the Tbones.
Haven't seen prices like that in a long time. Excellent work my friend. Glad you're staying safe.

Some nice looking cooks Ray and showing off some great versatility! If I lived the celebrity life, this post would be your resume for you being hired as my personal chef. :emoji_laughing:

Everything looks fabulous.

Man everything looks great RAY ! Not a lamb guy but I'd sure try that one .. But the color of those ribs 🙃 AND that burger Yes sir fix me a platter please sir ! Keith

Thanks Keith! Seems a lot of folks aren't partial to lamb, reckon it's a bit of an acquired taste. Growing up it was something mama cooked for special occasions and holidays, tho I never had mint jelly with it until I was out on my own. Thanks for the Like Keith, I appreciate it. RAY

Heck of a price on the ribs and the steak. Everything looks awesome we know who's eating really good around there lol

I'm always kind of shocked by what folks back east have to pay for meat, I'd be eating bunny food!

Food all looks great Ray, but I'm drooling over the Rolling Rock. We haven't been able to get at any of our Offsales for the last Month. They have been ordering but not making it to our neck of the woods.:emoji_disappointed:

We had the same thing going on here a few months back, RR was nowhere to be found. I tried a case of Stella Artois and thought it to be kind of bitter, now I'm stocked up! Thank you for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

That’s an epic run of awesomeness! Each one looked perfect and they just kept going🤣 Great looking cooks and way to stretch out your rigs! Oh man, the desert🤔 Cooking outdoors all 12 month’s? It’s been about 5 years since I lived in the desert, but I don’t remember July or August being good months for being outdoors cooking🤣

Thanks bauchjw bauchjw ! Yeah, smoking during the summer can be a challenge for sure. That was the driving factor for getting rid of my offset SQ36 last year, having to feed the fire every half hour when it was 113º out got old fast. With the 22 &26 Webers it's set it and forget it using the SnS or chain to go low and slow, still be some pretty good smoke flavor, spend more time in the pool! Thanks for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Wow Ray Nice looking meals going on there. Good price on the ribs , and all look great. I am also in the not a big Lamb fan. But that's just me, it looked great. I could go for a big feed of the chicken and burger right now David

Thanks David! I am a chicken eatin' man, tho if I had to live on one thing it'd be bacon cheeseburgers off the flattop. Thank you for the Like David, I do appreciate it! RAY

Reactions: DRKsmoking
WOW! Those all look great, Ray. The Burger stole the show, and great prices on the Ribs and the Tbones.
Haven't seen prices like that in a long time. Excellent work my friend. Glad you're staying safe.

Thanks Mike! I made friends chatting up my local butcher. He told me most folks just grab what's on display but that butchers really like to cut meat for someone that wants a thicker slice. Now I just tell him what I want and if he's busy I'll come back later when it's done to pick up. Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Some nice looking cooks Ray and showing off some great versatility! If I lived the celebrity life, this post would be your resume for you being hired as my personal chef. :emoji_laughing: Everything looks fabulous.

Thanks Joe! Once hired I reckon the first order of business would be for me to learn how to make Nana's Halupki! Thanks for the Like amigo, I do appreciate it. RAY

Man cant pick a favorite out of all those cooks. So, I'll just take a plate of each. Jim

Thank you Jim! Now I'm sitting here wondering what to make for dinner, tho the sous vide pot and shopping at Freezermart could make things easy peasy! Thanks for the Like Jim, much appreciated. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky