A few Smoked zucchini

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
Church is having a pot luck today and I had learned they had 3 full pans of lasagna, 2 full pans of Mac and cheese plus a bunch of other carb loaded stuff. I decided to provide an option that didn’t encourage the onset of type 2 diabetes lol. Sliced up a couple zucchini, yesterday, racked them and seasoned this morning,
BA297AAC-6D4A-4585-A67C-448ACB027144.jpeg
fired big Jake up with oak
96095734-AE10-4592-905E-A4BEB28CA971.jpeg
let it come to temp and burn off any junk.
77EB73C7-C2F2-4BE1-816A-BD4485C2BA4A.jpeg
then settle down and added a few hickory logs off to side for a mixed smoke flavor. Checked at 30 min mark
2E0E3CA2-AE2A-4331-B26D-9E414B008211.jpeg
Ended with two full pans at 55 min cook time.
EC9DC936-BEDA-4352-9C81-92069B7E35C5.jpeg
E5231D5F-944E-4832-864C-A9DAEDD2D39C.jpeg
The zucchini comes out pretty good like this.

I hate zucchini when it is too soft, does this come out sorta crispy on the outside?
I do too. I pull them when they start to get a slight bend. Then don’t tent so they come down to temp. Then when time is close to eat warm at 170 Ish in oven. Take off before fully cooked as they continue to rise as a roast will too. Venting is also important. You can also take them off at crisp bite if ready to eat immediately. These had to hold until 15 min from now. So they are good.

I do too. I pull them when they start to get a slight bend. Then don’t tent so they come down to temp. Then when time is close to eat warm at 170 Ish in oven. Take off before fully cooked as they continue to rise as a roast will too. Venting is also important. You can also take them off at crisp bite if ready to eat immediately. These had to hold until 15 min from now. So they are good.
So, I am smoking some baby backs today on cherry wood. I bought a couple of zucchini, and thought I would smoke them and see how they turned out.

Looking at your picture you just cut them in half lengthwise. I am joust going to pepper them with no additional spices. I smoke the ribs at 180 on my recteq until they get to 140ish then crank it up for a couple of hours at 225 to 250 depending on what I need to get done for dinner. If I put the zucchini in when I turn them up to 225, will an hour and a half be long enough to get them done? I don't want them super soft.

So, I am smoking some baby backs today on cherry wood. I bought a couple of zucchini, and thought I would smoke them and see how they turned out.

Looking at your picture you just cut them in half lengthwise. I am joust going to pepper them with no additional spices. I smoke the ribs at 180 on my recteq until they get to 140ish then crank it up for a couple of hours at 225 to 250 depending on what I need to get done for dinner. If I put the zucchini in when I turn them up to 225, will an hour and a half be long enough to get them done? I don't want them super soft.
I never cooked them at 225 so I am not sure. I would think it would be good to go though.

Reactions: smokin peachey
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky