A few quick pies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bregent

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 1, 2014
Just a few 18 inch New York Style pies we made last weekend
Homemade panchetta
Basil and onion

pie1.jpg
pie2.jpg
IMG_0271.jpg
pie4.jpg
pie5.jpg

Beautifully done. Going for a Pizza set up for my Kettle in the Spring. .JJ

Beauties!!!
Look like they came right out of a Pizza Parlor!!
Professionally made!
Like.

Bear

They look great. Would you share your recipe? Thanks.

Sure.
For 2 x 18" skins:
All measurements in grams
Power Flour: 680
Salt: 17
Sugar: 10
Yeast: 2.75
Water @75F: 400
Canola Oil: 14
Malt Powder: 7

Combine all ingredients except salt and oil and mix lightly. Rest for 30 minutes. Add salt and oil and knead for 8-10 minutes until the dough is soft and smooth. Bench rest 30 minutes, the divide and ball and place in lightly oiled containers. Cover and rest in fridge for 48 hours or until the dough has doubled.

Open the skin and top with sauce, and dust with a little Romano. Top each pie with 10oz whole milk mozzarella.
Bake on stone or steel at about 550F.

For sauce I use uncooked crushed tomatoes seasoned with a little salt, pepper, garlic, oregano and fennel.

Do you have a preference for the brand of crushed tomotoes you use?

Sorry, just saw this. I use several brands, Smart and Final, Safeway, and others, but look for the code 5TPCG OL on the bottom of the can. All cans with that code are essentially the same.

Thanks bregent bregent for sharing your recipe. I am going to try it. Do you have a preference for the brand of crushed tomotoes you use?
Don't pay for the San Marzano tomatoes most of them are grown in Stanislaus County in CA and shipped to Italy the processed and sent around the world and sold as San Marzano tomatoes at inflated prices......yup what a joke. Just look for Stanislaus County CA grown, or they might just say California grown which will mean they were either grown in Stanislaus, Imperial valley or the Sacramento valley in Cali. which all produce world class tomatoes and many other high quality fruits, veggies grains and nuts sold around the world. One thing you can't take away from Cali. is our organic farmers and amazing growing conditions that we have out here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky