A few pics from my mini garden

Discussion in 'Small Spaces' started by richoso1, May 26, 2011.

1. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I decided to take some pics today, my plants have been in the ground for about three weeks now. The Serranos are coming on strong, this is a in-my-face because Gloria bought some generic Serranos and they took like crazy. These were planted last year.

As I stated, it's my mini garden, fresh peppers for daily use.I've got to get some spray going, it looks as if something else is taking a liking to my plants.

I can hardly wait for Agust, then I'll buy another 90 lbs. of NM green/roasted peppers.We're down to about 120 frozen pods, out of the original 90 lbs, from last August. It's all good my friend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are Grandma's Pick tomato plants.

[​IMG].

These are my two Roma tomato plants.

[​IMG]

These are my habaneros. left to right are Antilla, Bondo Ma jaque, Orange, and Red Savina.

[​IMG]

Red Savina

[​IMG]

These are NM Heritage 6-4 plants.

[​IMG]

2. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Looking good!!

Craig

3. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Those are looking good Rich. I need to use that ground cover in my garden. Too many weeds

4. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Very Nice Rich !!!

I can see you like pulling weeds as much as I do!

Bear

5. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

[​IMG]Mine look so so had alot of bad weather.Tornados are hard on plants.They have been produceing but stalled after all that bad weather.They just started to flower again.

6. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

One of these  years I need to plan a little garden with peppers and tomatoes.

7. miamirick

miamirick Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

nice looking     i need to do some of that     wonder if they will take in all this heat?

8. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Looking great Rich. Serranos are one of my favorites. Them Habs are looking pretty good also, I might have a chance on some this year. 

9. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks great Rich. As for the bugs maybe try some Neem Oil Spray it should work with everything you have pictured and it's safe to use right up to harvest day

10. bluebombersfan

bluebombersfan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

We had just had a late frost that killed most my tomatos, Jals, red and green peppers........Have to replant it all again!

11. biaviian

biaviian Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I have to replant too but all due to hail.  Horrible storm today that took down 6 HUGE trees in my new yard.

12. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Plants are looking pretty good Rich...

13. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

I got lucky with a shredded plant from the winds and hail.I blame it all on miracle grow .

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  14. flyweed

flyweed Smoking Fanatic

I hear ya blue bomber..my gardens are usually well into growing this time of year...but hell..last night (read = May 26) we got frickin FROST!!  here in Wisconsin..this is unheard of.....right now, we are at 55F...this weather is just crazy...usually we are at about 65F or so at night in late May.  SHEESH

[​IMG]

15. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    looks good rich...love the different habs too.........how would you rate them form hottest to hottester...........

rick...chilis do fine in the heat, got some producing now and it gets a lttle warm here.

16. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Sorry to hear that!

That one missed us.

Bear

17. That's a nice little garden Rich. You don't have a thing for peppers do ya? [​IMG]

18. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks good Rich. I tried some Pablano peppers this year along with Banana. Got two Pablano plants and ONE whole pepper. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  19. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Rich I planted some Scotch Bonnets this year we'll see how they do and if they do well for me I'll send ya some seeds