Mushrooms from a friend and my go at smoked mushroom soup!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I don't eat a lot of shrooms , but have recently tried them in a sauce my Son makes .
Those look fantastic Ryan . That steak and the soup have my stomach growling .
Nice thread , but you should show off that new grill by the looks of those steaks !

Reactions: bauchjw
Ryan, like many others have said, we LOVE mushrooms. But also as some have said, I don't see many varieties other than cremini. That's an outstanding looking plate of cooked mushrooms and I'm not sure if I would have had any left to make soup with. Everything else looks great too, and is right in our wheelhouse of favorite flavors...

Heck yeah Ryan that looks super delicious. Been on my radar from the time I saw Jed post his. Mighty nice of him to send you some goodies

Awesome thread Ryan, that all looks phenomenal! Nice cook!

There are sure some real nice folks on this forum that like to share!

I don't eat a lot of shrooms , but have recently tried them in a sauce my Son makes .
Those look fantastic Ryan . That steak and the soup have my stomach growling .
Nice thread , but you should show off that new grill by the looks of those steaks !
Thanks Rich, I appreciate it! And I'll show off the new smoker sometime, just not sure when. Busy loading hogs lately, just loaded the last of about 20 semi loads Ioads today. Now time to get everything cleaned and ready for the next bunch coming next week. And if it stops snowing might be about time to put some seeds in the ground. But have something you might get a chuckle out of...
60b2cc9755923614bbddc2de627a0129637cb0b2c48cfd4ae058c15cf3deaa1b_1.jpg.jpg

Made me laugh anyways!

Ryan

Ryan, like many others have said, we LOVE mushrooms. But also as some have said, I don't see many varieties other than cremini. That's an outstanding looking plate of cooked mushrooms and I'm not sure if I would have had any left to make soup with. Everything else looks great too, and is right in our wheelhouse of favorite flavors...
Thank you, it's greatly appreciated! Being that we've never had any of these mushrooms before we wanted to try them by themselves to begin with...to get a true taste of their flavors. And then try the soup...could still drool over it! For so many it seems they are limited as we are here, I'll reach out to Jed for a little more info about his mushroom guy!

Ryan

Heck yeah Ryan that looks super delicious. Been on my radar from the time I saw Jed post his. Mighty nice of him to send you some goodies
Thanks Jake! You should give it a go! Even at 80 degrees and some beers it's still gonna be fantastic! And by the way...wind chill was 10 degrees this morning and windy. Was hitting snow drifts on the way to vet earlier today with our Dobie.

Ryan

Awesome thread Ryan, that all looks phenomenal! Nice cook!

There are sure some real nice folks on this forum that like to share!
Thank you Justin, I appreciate it! And I agree...some wonderful people on here! Not only have I learned so much here but also have tried so many new things. Some were gifts from you, these mushrooms from Jed, among others, too numerous to mention!

Ryan

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Ryan, like many others have said, we LOVE mushrooms. But also as some have said, I don't see many varieties other than cremini.
I didn't want to post the link, but for anyone interested if you Google “King Mushroom Farms” it should be the first link that pops up. We just ordered some foraged morels from them and looking forward to the weekend. I’m lucky I can pick up, but they ship too….obviously!

Wish I had the money to send everyone a package of them!

Thanks Jed! I had just looked him up as well...he must be busy, out of stock on some things.
On a side note...was hitting drifts on the road today taking Kya to the vet. Windchill was 10 degrees. WTH...:emoji_blush:

Ryan

I didn't want to post the link, but for anyone interested if you Google “King Mushroom Farms” it should be the first link that pops up. We just ordered some foraged morels from them and looking forward to the weekend. I’m lucky I can pick up, but they ship too….obviously!

Oh come on Jed, we all know your rolling in it! 😉

0BD9452D-8462-4E29-B237-567C5E6A0A6D.gif

In all seriousness, thanks for the info… much appreciated!

Last edited:

Their prices aren't bad either. I'll keep this in mind. Thanks for the link.

Reactions: bauchjw
My god that looks delicious and filling! I sure could go for a bowl of that mushroom soup right about now.

My god that looks delicious and filling! I sure could go for a bowl of that mushroom soup right about now.
Thank you, I appreciate it! I'm sure glad Jed posted his...I would have never guessed mushrooms could be that flavorful! So once again thanks to this forum I've tried something new and have a new found appreciation for different types of mushrooms.

Ryan

Reactions: xray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky