Strawberry Pie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Not the prettiest pie but sure is tasty. I found a crust I liked on that last Strawberry dessert I made with the exception it was grainy and fixed it with using a different sugar this time. My favorite sugar substitute has been Purecane which looks and taste just like sugar to me. I used Allulose for this and came out great. I will be using this crust for most my desserts now. The recipe did not make enough to cover the sides of pie plate so I switched to spring pan. Just use regular jello and pudding mixes if not doing sugar free and what ever crust you want.

No Bake Crust
1 ¼ cup almond flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup Allulose Sweetener or any non grainy sugar
Pinch salt
¼ cup butter melted

Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan. I use Parchment paper on the bottom. Makes it a lot easier to get things out. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, and salt. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture begins to clump together. Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Use the flat bottom of something to press it down.

Filling
1 (4-serving size) pkg. Jello Brand strawberry flavor gelatin
3/4 c. boiling water
1/2 c. ice cubes
1 (4-serving size) pkg. Jello vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling. I will use different flavors for this. I went with cheesecake for this one. Do not use cook and serve for this. Must be instant.
3/4 c. milk
1 8oz Cool Whip Whipped Topping
1 pt. strawberries, hulled and sliced

Completely dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add ice cubes and stir until melted. Prepare pie filling mix with 3/4 cup milk. Mix with hand mixer until thick. Pour in gelatin and beat until mixed. Chill for about 10 minutes to thicken.

Fold in the whipped topping and strawberries. Pour into crust. Refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.

IMG_20230429_172700592_HDR.jpg IMG_20230429_172914296_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Job Brian. The pie looks mighty good.

Point for sure
Chris

Not the prettiest pie but sure is tasty. I found a crust I liked on that last Strawberry dessert I made with the exception it was grainy and fixed it with using a different sugar this time. My favorite sugar substitute has been Purecane which looks and taste just like sugar to me. I used Allulose for this and came out great. I will be using this crust for most my desserts now. The recipe did not make enough to cover the sides of pie plate so I switched to spring pan. Just use regular jello and pudding mixes if not doing sugar free and what ever crust you want.

No Bake Crust
1 ¼ cup almond flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup Allulose Sweetener or any non grainy sugar
Pinch salt
¼ cup butter melted

Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan. I use Parchment paper on the bottom. Makes it a lot easier to get things out. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, and salt. Stir in the melted butter until the mixture begins to clump together. Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Use the flat bottom of something to press it down.

Filling
1 (4-serving size) pkg. Jello Brand strawberry flavor gelatin
3/4 c. boiling water
1/2 c. ice cubes
1 (4-serving size) pkg. Jello vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling. I will use different flavors for this. I went with cheesecake for this one. Do not use cook and serve for this. Must be instant.
3/4 c. milk
1 8oz Cool Whip Whipped Topping
1 pt. strawberries, hulled and sliced

Completely dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add ice cubes and stir until melted. Prepare pie filling mix with 3/4 cup milk. Mix with hand mixer until thick. Pour in gelatin and beat until mixed. Chill for about 10 minutes to thicken.

Fold in the whipped topping and strawberries. Pour into crust. Refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.

View attachment 664185View attachment 664186
Looks good! I'd eat that!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky