A different pig cooker design.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gunny r

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
Stokesdale, NC
cc1239c7_DSCN0014.jpg

2nd version

363df292_DSCN0021.jpg

1st version

d5d572b8_DSCN0020.jpg
69ba74c6_DSCN0023.jpg

Both have 3/4 inch pip burners. The older one I used a portable band saw and cut slots every 1/2 inch. The newer one I used a sawzall and cut slots every 1/2 inch.  The temp range of the older one is 200-510,Fahrenheit, the new one's range is 225-610 Fahrenheit. The older cooker uses a 25 lb high pressure regulator with a needle valve. The newer one uses a 10 lb adjustable regulator. so far both are cooking great.

Yes I saved the best for last..............

f0fde5ea_DSCN0012.jpg

jaw-dropping.gif
   Man them are HUGE.. I take it they are specially for whole hog only?? Thats not you all purpose  grill is it?? Do you do THAT much whole hog you got two cookers?? Thats a lot of pig...

Thanks,  the cookers can hold temps from 225 to over 500 degrees so they can be used for all purpose grills. I have a small grill from a big box store that I used for just the wife and I. I use the big one wehn we have more than 4 people.  Does a great job on chicken, especially with the bone still in. Hamburgers do not burn so they stay moist and juicy. Tkes a little longer to cook but taste better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky