A different pig cooker design.

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by gunny r, Aug 26, 2011.

1. gunny r

gunny r Fire Starter

[​IMG]

2nd version

[​IMG]

1st version

[​IMG][​IMG]

Both have 3/4 inch pip burners. The older one I used a portable band saw and cut slots every 1/2 inch. The newer one I used a sawzall and cut slots every 1/2 inch.  The temp range of the older one is 200-510,Fahrenheit, the new one's range is 225-610 Fahrenheit. The older cooker uses a 25 lb high pressure regulator with a needle valve. The newer one uses a 10 lb adjustable regulator. so far both are cooking great.

Yes I saved the best for last..............

[​IMG]

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

NICE!!!

3. terry colwell

terry colwell Smoking Fanatic

[​IMG]    Man them are HUGE.. I take it they are specially for whole hog only?? Thats not you all purpose  grill is it?? Do you do THAT much whole hog you got two cookers?? Thats a lot of pig...

4. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Very nice. Love me some whole hog !!!

5. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great looking cookers Gunny!

6. daggerdoggie

daggerdoggie Smoke Blower

That looks fantastic![​IMG]

7. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great Jobs on the cookers, Don!!!

Very Nice !!!

Bear

8. gunny r

gunny r Fire Starter

Thanks,  the cookers can hold temps from 225 to over 500 degrees so they can be used for all purpose grills. I have a small grill from a big box store that I used for just the wife and I. I use the big one wehn we have more than 4 people.  Does a great job on chicken, especially with the bone still in. Hamburgers do not burn so they stay moist and juicy. Tkes a little longer to cook but taste better.

9. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

[​IMG]