A couple of Stufz burgers in the WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
We went to Sam's yesterday to pick up some supplies for a chili cook-off contest next week. We wanted to try a test run today, because our chili recipe is too hot for normal people. You have to wear a headband to keep the sweat out of your bowl when you eat it. We bought extra ground chuck for stuffed burgers. We bought enough for about 10 - 10 oz. burgers. We smoked 2 for dinner and foodsavered & froze the rest. They were stuffed with mushrooms, onion, garlic, & swiss cheese. Then just before they were done I put another slice of swiss on top. We sauteed the mushrooms, onion, & garlic in olive oil first, then let it cool before stuffing. At first we were having trouble with the meat getting stuck in the press even with spraying Pam before each burger. Then we figured out if you put saran wrap on each side it pops right out all sealed up nice. So here's a few pics.

This is Judy stuffing them.

5ed91066_2-18-112.jpg

fabbe827_2-18-113.jpg

Then she figured out the saran wrap trick.

5f600741_2-18-114.jpg

And out pops a perfect burger, all sealed up tight.

2b0df0f8_2-18-115.jpg

Next into the WSM, they look a little lonely all by themselves.

c0204f80_2-18-116.jpg

After adding a slice of cheese, the're done.

ee40d6ef_2-18-117.jpg

We had a little stuffing left over so we put it on top.

0a5244a3_2-18-118.jpg

Here's a look at the inside.

0f276e28_2-18-119.jpg

Thanks for looking. Now it's on to the chili. Will let you know how that turns out.

Hey Al,

Those are some good looking burgers with my favorite stuffing's, thanks for the tip about the plastic wrap, I too have had trouble getting them to release from the stuftz.

I just gotta ask, your plates, are the new or old? The reason is my parents had a complete set of dinnerware like that, plates, bowls, cups and saucers in four colors, yellow, orange, green and blue, I used it when I went camping, but they were fragile and broke easy, when I was selling off things before I came here I had some plates, saucers and a large bowl for sale at a garage sale, I sold them for a dollar and a dime, the guy that bought them told me not to touch them or sell them to someone else, he's be right back, when he came back he had some rags that he carefully wrapped them in and and carried them to his car, when I asked him why he was so careful he just said they were "fragile." hmmm,  Later I found out they were depression era and quite valuable, oh well, live and learn, ...so, are yours new or something that has been in the family for a long time?

Gene

Looking good there, Al.......may have to look into one of those stuffer gadgets for myself. Like the way you make use of that old clip <grin>......Hear ya on the chili, I also like to crack a sweat when eating stuff like that. Have a funny story regarding the chili contest at the County Fair in Santa Barbara I entered about 10 years ago. There was some young guys judging a guacamole contest from the local radio station....they came over to the booth where we were making the chili on site. I asked them how they liked their chili & they said spicy hot. Being 1/2 in the bag from beers I kept adding more cayenne to mine 'cause it just didn't seem to be there yet. The longer it cooked the hotter it got. Long story short, the judges appeared for the taste off....turns out it was 3 old reporters from the newspaper, 2 women & a male. I about killed them....LMAO....still laugh over that to this day. Good luck with the contest!!

Nice job Al----You and your daughter Judy make a Great team!

Mighty tasty looking Stuffz Burgers!

Thanks,

Bear

Al those are great looking burgers. Would love to do a trade with you. Chili recipe for some home roasted coffee. Let me know if you are in

Hey Al,

Those are some good looking burgers with my favorite stuffing's, thanks for the tip about the plastic wrap, I too have had trouble getting them to release from the stuftz.

I just gotta ask, your plates, are the new or old? The reason is my parents had a complete set of dinnerware like that, plates, bowls, cups and saucers in four colors, yellow, orange, green and blue, I used it when I went camping, but they were fragile and broke easy, when I was selling off things before I came here I had some plates, saucers and a large bowl for sale at a garage sale, I sold them for a dollar and a dime, the guy that bought them told me not to touch them or sell them to someone else, he's be right back, when he came back he had some rags that he carefully wrapped them in and and carried them to his car, when I asked him why he was so careful he just said they were "fragile." hmmm,  Later I found out they were depression era and quite valuable, oh well, live and learn, ...so, are yours new or something that has been in the family for a long time?

Gene
Thanks Gene,

The plates are old but not antiques and there pretty durable.

Nice job Al----You and your daughter Judy make a Great team!

Mighty tasty looking Stuffz Burgers!

Thanks,

Bear
Thanks Bear, 

You just made Judy's day, she read your post and said she was going to make us Belgium waffles for breakfast. My favorite! Thanks Buddy! 

Al those are great looking burgers. Would love to do a trade with you. Chili recipe for some home roasted coffee. Let me know if you are in
Thanks for the offer Scar,

I'll gladly accept some of your home roasted coffee, but it's not necessary. I plan to post the recipe on Tuesday as we make the chili, with some Qview. I will also PM it to you, along with my address in case you want to send a care package.

Thanks, Al

Thanks Bear, 

You just made Judy's day, she read your post and said she was going to make us Belgium waffles for breakfast. My favorite! Thanks Buddy! 

Thanks, Al
LOL---That's what I'm here for, and I aim to please.

Belgium Waffles???  

I can taste them just thinking about them!!!

My favorite too !!!

Bear

Great looking burgers. What the temp. how long.. I'm new at this sure looks super....I'm also from MN,

Session data

Great looking burgers. What the temp. how long.. I'm new at this sure looks super....I'm also from MN,

Session data
Smoked them at 225 until the internal meat temp was 165. Took about 2 hours.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky