A Child Prodigy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That young lady is truly amazing. From the 9.5 minute to the end of the video was fantastic and I could have listened to her play for hours. However, from the start to the 9.5 min mark, while showing great talent, I found her performance to be about as enjoyable as listening to Rap or Jazz--both of which I simply DON'T consider to be music. Just me saying.
Gary

Reactions: Retired Spook
That young lady is truly amazing. From the 9.5 minute to the end of the video was fantastic and I could have listened to her play for hours. However, from the start to the 9.5 min mark, while showing great talent, I found her performance to be about as enjoyable as listening to Rap or Jazz--both of which I simply DON'T consider to be music. Just me saying.
Gary
That young lady is a total Master of the violin. I believe that the beginning, which I thought I skipped when I copied the vid(?), was just a demonstration of her complete domination of the entire instrument.

A violin is the most difficult musical instrument to learn to play, much less learn to play as well as her. She is phenomenal.

That young lady is proof of the Jesuit maxim: “Give me the child for the first seven years and I'll give you the man (person).”

She started playing the violin when she was 4-years old - her mother is the strings (violin, cello etc) teacher at a Singapore music academy - and I have no doubt that she practiced for an incomprehensible amount of hours instead of watching the Kardashians...

I would say that it was all worth it.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Wow!
She did it with a full sized violin and without sheet music, she just had it memorized. She had me at the start because I'm a big Vivaldi fan. It always amazed me how someone could play an instrument without frets, just knowing where the notes are.
Seeing someone with so much talent really makes me feel mediocre...

Reactions: Retired Spook
Wow!
She did it with a full sized violin and without sheet music, she just had it memorized. She had me at the start because I'm a big Vivaldi fan. It always amazed me how someone could play an instrument without frets, just knowing where the notes are.
Seeing someone with so much talent really makes me feel mediocre...
I'm right there with ya Smoky! I just started learning to play the violin but there aren't enough years left this go round to become as good as her or the previous vids in the thread - not that I think I could even in my prime; to play that well is a natural gift - child prodigy...

I've been playing bass guitar since I was 16 - what surprises me about the violin is it isn't as hard as I thought it might be to hit notes without frets!

More of this amazing violinist. If I ever hit the Powerball I am going to hire her to come and play for me. It is amazing what a human can achieve when they put their mind to it.

Wow. Okay. Well, this girl here is fifteen which is still a child, right? She's playing Led Zeppelin's Since I've Been Lovin' You off their third album released 1970. I've watched/listened to this video fifty times and I'm still not tired of it. Turn it up.

I appreciate all types of music and talent but I just love how a violin sounds.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky