A Bear From Log to Finish (Picture Heavy)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As I've told you before that's very cool and you have talent. I like seeing all the different bears

Great Job Bear!!

I failed art class as a kid

Good thing I got an "A" in Industrial Arts!!!

Todd

Absolutely amazing when we went to Pigeon Forge,TN. last year we got a chainsaw art bear it is now my avatar no where near as much detail and craftsmanship as what you do.

Last edited:
I gotta find a baby bear for our RV.

BTW

In 1983 i named my 1st son middle name Bear. DBB

Bear,

That is truly the most amazing thing I have ever seen!  I wish I had that kind of talent...but alas, no talent resides within me for carving or anything else.

Thank you for showing us your amazing talent and sharing your bears with us!

Bill
Thank You Very Much, Bill !!!

Bear
beautiful...

do/did your do any other types of sculpture?

When I lived in Ocean Shores,Wa., there was a guy in Hoquim that carved old fisherman, mermaids and a plethera of other things.
I only carved for 3 years, before my health stopped me. The only other thing I carved was my first carving---A Cobra in a basket.

I didn't have time to branch off into other things.

Bear
Bear... what a wonderful talent you have... I was just curious as to how many man hours goes into one carving ?
I took more time than most carvers, because I am very picky. The 7' bears were about 60 hours, and the little guys were about 40.

Bear
Great Job Bear!!

I failed art class as a kid

Good thing I got an "A" in Industrial Arts!!!

Todd
Thanks Todd!

I would have guessed you got an A in Industrial Arts.

Bear

And Thank You to all you others for the nice comments.

Bear

thumb1%20copy.gif
  Absolutely amazing! You are truly talented! Glad to see you're back!

You have a TRUE TALLENT!! and that's putting it mildly.. I wish you lived closer so I could commission one from you. GREAT WORK.

Fine work there, thank you for posting the process of freeing the Bear from that un-assuming log :-)

JetMan<<<

You have a TRUE TALLENT!! and that's putting it mildly.. I wish you lived closer so I could commission one from you. GREAT WORK.
Thanks Mike!!

Bear
Fine work there, thank you for posting the process of freeing the Bear from that un-assuming log :-)

JetMan<<<
Thank You Jetman!!!

Bear
Amazing Bears Bear! I really like the one hanging on the railing but they are all fantastic. You are a true craftsmen.
Thank You!!

Bear
I am speechless!  These are the best I have ever seen!  Brought a tear to my eye.....no shit!  These are wonderful!
Thank You Much, Scooter!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky