95 lbs of belly done

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's a great price. I have a small biz going myself. Can't keep it stocked, and I do it the same (word of mouth), but I sell it by the lb, and for a good bit more.

The bacon looks great, though!

Last edited:
That's a great price. I have a small biz going myself. Can't keep it stocked, and I do it the same (word of mouth), but I sell is by the lb, and for a good bit more.

The bacon looks great, though!
I didn't want to sell by the pound, seems like it would just trickle out. Selling it my way gets the bacon out the door. Costco sells the bacon for 2.39 most of the time, so I'm making a good margin of profit.

Reactions: 73saint
I didn't want to sell by the pound, seems like it would just trickle out. Selling it my way gets the bacon out the door. Costco sells the bacon for 2.39 most of the time, so I'm making a good margin of profit.

If you don't mind me asking, when you use that diggingdogfarm calculator, do you change the PPM? It has a standing number of 156PPM, so just curious. I've grown exhausted trying to figure out my calculations because no two pieces of meat are ever the same weight that I think I am going to switch over to simply using that calculator. I do mostly bacon and am trying BBB for the first time. I also have on hand, Cure #1 so I would like to continue to use that instead of TenderQuick.

Thanks,
Tony

Here's an Excel spread sheet that I stole from somewhere. It's been scanned for any devious macros. You can change any percentages to your liking. I just copy and paste the existing sheet for each new batch of bacon.

Attachments

• Sausage-Bacon Log Worksheet.xls
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
If you don't mind me asking, when you use that diggingdogfarm calculator, do you change the PPM? It has a standing number of 156PPM, so just curious. I've grown exhausted trying to figure out my calculations because no two pieces of meat are ever the same weight that I think I am going to switch over to simply using that calculator. I do mostly bacon and am trying BBB for the first time. I also have on hand, Cure #1 so I would like to continue to use that instead of TenderQuick.

Thanks,
Tony
Don't change the ppm number. I've used the same equations for both belly bacon and canadian bacon. BBB might be a little different as the meat is so thick, it will take longer to permeate the meat

95 more in the smokers at the moment.

198b436691245e2d211235507f278868.jpg

I use AMAZEN tube smokers, the 18" size, and let them burn themselves out, usually 6 hours. I use two computer fans mounted on duct pipe, placed in the chip holder holes. It keeps the smoke/air circulating at the expense of an hour or two of smoke, but it's the right smoke flavor for me

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky