80 gallon reverse flow build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was thinking, in reference to my earlier post addressing post #25 .
I guess some people do not have the skill to build a Good looking and Functional smoker.
(Not you, I have seen your pics and your smoker looks great) But I guess if you don't care how it looks
or take pride in what you have built as long as it works that's all that matters.
But for me I like the best of both. Of coarse I want it to function properly, But I also want it to look good.

Gary

Reactions: nanuk
I guess some people do not have the skill to build a Good looking and Functional smoker.
(Not you, I have seen your pics and your smoker looks great) But I guess if you don't care how it looks
or take pride in what you have built as long as it works that's all that matters.
But for me I like the best of both. Of coarse I want it to function properly, But I also want it to look good.

Gary

Gary, are you trying to tell me that you don't like the look of the sliding air vent that I installed on the FB door when I replaced the pie that was placed higher up the door or are you just having a rant?

Gary, are you trying to tell me that you don't like the look of the sliding air vent that I installed on the FB door when I replaced the pie that was placed higher up the door or are you just having a rant?

Just having a Rant , Sliding Air Vents are Fine . Have them on #2 sons smoker.

I was referring again to post 25 and not you

Last edited:
or take pride in what you have built as long as it works that's all that matters

Gary

Gary, Some folks are using the smoker build as their first project.. Bought their first welder... Trying to save a several hundred dollars... It's unfortunate you have to demean those folks whom are trying to learn while delving into their love of smoked meats..

Oh Dave, as usual you have it Wrong. I was referring to your comment not newbies are first time builders.
I'll try to explain it so You can understand.
Just take your time, research, research, research look at lots of smokers in the style you wish to build and ask lots of questions and for help. That way you WILL have a Functional and Beautiful Smoker.
I applaud anyone who tackles a smoker build, everybody has to have a first.
But instead of telling them that all that matters is it working properly, again you are Wrong You Can Have it Both ways.

Why not build something that works great and Looks Great, instead of " She doesn't look like much but sure cooks good"
Don't know how many RF smokers you have actually built, Your Tutorial is great and easy to follow.
Just not sure what you have against building a Nice looking Smoker?

Gary

Reactions: ahumadora
So you are saying... "When you buy your first welder and build your first smoker, when you are finished it should look like a Lang smoker"..

Lang smoker.jpg

Dave !!! I never said that or implied that. Everyone has different skills, I've seen first time smoker build on here that look like they had been building forever and way better looking than mine.
You don't like anyone who disagrees with you or has an opinion of their own. This goes way back when YOU told me to cut off my stack and see how it worked. Because I suggested a different size stack.
Personally I think you are not a team player, either your way or no way, everybody else is wrong if they don't agree with you. Like I said I don't know how many RF smokers you have actually built. But we have built quite a few and try to improve on each one, and BTY besides being really efficient they Look Good Too.
Maybe this feud is all about Skill, It never crossed my mind till now, So I'll apologize, You don't have the skills to make a functional and Nice looking smoker, Sorry Dave I didn't know

Gary

You did say and imply that.....

gary s said:

Gary

You did say and imply that.....

gary s said:

Gary

I could have phrased it or worded it differently. That comment was not directed at ghoster It was meant for you.
My bad I'm sorry ghoster totally not meant for you.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky