8 hour pulled pork.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
This is a 7# butt. Soaked for 5 hours in hickory smoke on the offset. Then pan foiled for 3 hours to probe tender.
92DD7B99-32B8-4E22-8D07-880298BA102C.jpeg

Loaded over a baked tader, borracho beans on the bottom and covered in sharp cheddar.
906D9934-9F25-4E34-A0E4-253AAD08696D.jpeg

Looks fantastic!! We do a lot of stuffed taters around here, and use PP regularly, but you took it a step further. Gonna steal the upgrades for our next ones :emoji_wink:

Robert

Looks great! I love a loaded baked potatoe
Thank you
Looks like some good eats
Thank you Jim
Now that's a great meal!
Thank you Brian
Nice , hearty meal . Looks good

David
Thanks much David
Looks good. What temp did you smoke it at? Looks nice and juicy
Thank you Smoking, I would say I averaged 285* but fluctuating between 250- 300* was a very good PP for a quickie.

Reactions: SmokingUPnorth
That looks delicious. We do that every round of butt. Call em pig taters lol
Thanks Jake, I like that,,,,, “pig taters“ it is!
Looks fantastic!! We do a lot of stuffed taters around here, and use PP regularly, but you took it a step further. Gonna steal the upgrades for our next ones :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thank you Robert, this was tasty for sure, the bean juice worked well with the tater.
Some say potater, some say potader. J/k looks real good 👍
Thank you D.W, good thing it a big world, huh,,, lol
HMMM---Looks Tasty!!!
Now where's my Shovel???
Like.

Bear
Thanks much Bear. ‘Twas delicious.
That is one good looking meal!
Al
Thank you Al, it is much appreciated. Surprised you got that from the horrible picture, keen eye there buddy.
Nice! Usually don’t wrap because I like bark, but those juices might have changed my mind. That potato looks so good!
Thanks much Cowboy. Yes this works really well when the wife drops the bomb at 9 o’clock in the morning that she wants PP.
I'd happily tie into that!!
Gary
Thank you Gary. I appreciate that.
Fine looking snack there!
I had to look up borracho beans. Now I feel smarter but hungrier too!
Thanks browney, yes sir you should give the beans a spin. You can also look up charro beans (frijoles) same thing minus the beer.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky